At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where 'Health for all Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Systems Engineer, are to:
- Help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot the image based data collection infrastructure;
- Drive focus on data quality and data automation to ensure simplicity for users to collect a wide array of image based metrics for analytics;
- Supervise a project’s systems engineering events, as related to data collection, performed by the technical team;
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure;
- Evaluate existing systems and provide technical direction to engineering and data science support staff;
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools;
- Oversee the development of customized software and hardware requirements;
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability;
- Monitor and test application and imaging performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes;
- Maintain security, backup, and data redundancy strategies;
- Write and maintain custom scripts or code to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks;
- Focus on workflows, optimization methods, and risk management tools for given projects;
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems;
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support;
- Ensure a rapid response to any technical issues;
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution;
- Maintain and supervise imaging inventory.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Minimum of a BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Biology or other closely related field;
- Experience in developing and deploying imaging and automated solutions;
- Experience driving industrial automation applications from R&D phase to deployment and handoff for implementation in production;
- Hands on experience providing imaging and automation engineering support and guidance to onsite production technicians operating the equipment;
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time;
- Valid Drivers’ License and eligibility to drive a company car or pooled vehicle (driving record must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers and MVR will be reviewed as part of pre-employment screening).
- 4+ years of experience in developing and deploying imaging and automated solutions preferred;
- MS in Engineering or other closely related field.
YOUR APPLICATION Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Bayer is an E-Verify Employer.