WHO WE ARE
Vox Media’s Corporate IT team is looking for a Systems Engineer. You’ll be expected to provide excellent customer service by ensuring systems performance and maintenance at all of our Vox Media offices and cloud environments. As Vox Media continues to grow, you’ll play an essential role in enhancing the security and quality of Vox Media’s IT infrastructure. This position will report directly to the Manager, IT Systems.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage virtual environments across multiple offices.
- Manage Active Directory and related systems for the organization.
- Manage Windows and Linux servers.
- Evaluate, build, integrate, test, and prepare systems for operational use and patches for rapid remediation.
- Manage all system backups, disaster recovery and restore procedures.
- Integrate and manage automation tools for commonly performed tasks.
- Cross train other IT team members in your areas of technical skills and expertise.
- Collaborate with production and post-production teams to provide cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Monitor system performance and implement performance tuning.
- Perform troubleshooting and analysis of servers and associated systems.
WHO YOU ARE
- 3-5 years of relatable experience
- Experience working in AWS and VMware environments
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with project stakeholders as well as team members.
- Understanding of CI/CD technologies and working with automation tools such as Terraform.
- Experience implementing and maintaining the following systems: Windows Server, Linux (CentOs/RHEL), Active Directory, Network Storage, GCP
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This job is remote. We’re dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication. Learn more about our values here, and our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, and how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.
The salary range listed below represents the minimum and maximum base pay for this position at the time of this posting. Final salary offered to the candidate selected for the position will be based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience.