ZapposUnited States5 days ago
Work remotely due to COVID-19
What you'll be doing:
- Administration of Linux servers and EC2 instances.
- Manage servers on both the hardware and software levels, install, rebuild and upgrade OS and applications.
- Setting up system backups and recovery in AWS.
- Automation of tasks using Shell and Python scripts.
- Troubleshooting problems and analyzing system logs.
- Patching servers with security updates.
- Coordinate with our Systems Engineering team on our daily Chime meeting.
- Administration of mail (IMAP), LDAP, DHCP, DNS, and syslog servers.
- Document and maintain configuration and troubleshooting procedures.
- Rotating 24/7 on-call support.
- Eating good foods and sharing friendship (remotely! on site! both?)
What you'll bring to the table:
- 3+ years Linux expertise, from shell all the way down to the kernel, including internals and networking.
- 3+ years AWS experience, certifications are a plus!
- A strong love of making things easier on yourself and others by automating the heck out of everything
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that is fun and borderline wacky. Maybe an excessive amount of wacky. Maybe not that much wacky. Definitely fast paced. Did I say wacky?
What really excites us:
- Networking experience (working with switches, firewalls, routers, packet sniffers, load balancers).
- Experience working with e-commerce platforms.
- Splunk administration and engineering.
- Experience using Docker.
What you didn't know about the team:
- They are just as wacky and random as this job description.