System Support Specialist
The System Support Specialist bridges the technical gap between Sales and Product and offers a non-sales perceived technical presence to key accounts. The primary objective of the System Support Specialist is to promote improved technical integration and authentication between clients and Dow Jones. You will provide support for customers leveraging or moving to single sign-on (SSO) for the full suite of Dow Jones products. You will work closely with the client to maximize integration of “for free” non customized services driving active users and retention while working together with the Account Team to identify new revenue and consulting opportunities. You will provide support through standard contact channels to the Account Team and Key Accounts. You will report to the Senior Manager, Identity & Access, and be based in the Princeton, New Jersey Office.
- Provide technical expertise related to SSO, SAML and other proprietary and non-proprietary protocols used by Dow Jones during pre-sales activities and client prospect meetings.
- Account Management
- Work closely with Sales to migrate PIB customers off of legacy authentication/login schemes such as ELRP with the ultimate goal of sunsetting outdated/insecure solutions.
- Act as project manager and key point of contact for all SAML implementations and migrations.
- Manage and act as key contact for our Education customer integrations for Consumer products.
- Work closely with Account Development Executives (Sales) providing technical input into all relevant customer relationship activities as related to SSO and seamless authentication.
- Cultivate and maintain a network of technical customer contacts to help champion Dow Jones within the account.
- Work closely with Product, Technology, and Engineering to develop and maintain expertise across all solution offerings ensuring the latest and most appropriate capabilities are reviewed with Account Team.
- Leverage CRM system and reporting to monitor and increase Active Users and User Login success.
- Maintain records of all customer interactions, opportunities and projects in CRM system.
- Act as SME and escalation point for SAML and SSO implementations across both PIB and Consumer products.
- Document all customer interactions in appropriate CRM system.
- Develop internal support documentation and training materials for 1st & 2nd level support teams. Deliver this training, as needed.
- Create and maintain Enterprise Profiles for SAML and SSO customers which will aid in 1st and 2nd level support of customers, minimizing escalations and improving first call resolution.
- Provide guidance to Product for future technology adoption based upon customer feedback.
- Develop user registration and authentication solutions that can be approved by the customer and supported by Dow Jones available tool set.
- At least 5 years experience in a customer facing technical role.
- Knowledge of technologies which impact Dow Jones solutions including I.T. Infrastructure, Authentication, Connectivity, Content Delivery, Web Services API, XML/HTML, SAML and Single Sign-on solutions.
- An understanding of EIP, CRM, ERP, Content Management, Database Publishing, Intranet & Business Intelligence.
- Experience using Splunk, New Relic and AWS CloudWatch Monitoring tools for troubleshooting.
- Technical selling skills, including the ability to match product and service with customer needs, conduct technical presentations and provide technical input for customer proposals and RFP responses.
- Experience as a team player who has defined I.T. solutions in a collaborative business environment with teams consisting of customers, sales staff and development groups.
- Ability to demonstrate/convey to the customer an understanding of their business and the industry in which they compete.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with external and internal customers through understanding of the technical environment, assess needs and solve problems to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new information relating to web technologies and information services.
- A high level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Education Benefits
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Family Care Benefits
- Commuter Transit Program
- Subscription Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
Reasonable accommodation: Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line and provide a brief description of the type of assistance you need. This inbox will not be monitored for application status updates.
Business Area: PRINT & ENT SVCS - CUSTOMER SERVICE
Union / A clear and likely internal candidate
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.