Designs efficient and effective application solutions through the analysis of current business process and systems. Provides project as well as day to day support to the various teams involved in the product merchandising cycle. Required to interact with Business Area Stakeholders, Department Management, Project Steering Teams, Core teams and Extended teams. The role requires a large degree of interaction with peers and supported users. Must be able to work in a fast paced, change driven environment while remaining professional and articulate.
- Able to leverage business requirements and subject matter expertise to create technical designs, testing strategies and test plans, implementation strategies, and sustainment plans.
- As a technical lead, is responsible for maintaining and upgrading existing systems as required.
- Understands user operations, anticipates needs and pursues efficient solutions through application configuration and deployment
- Able to articulate complex ideas and designs to Business Analysts, Project leads, Developers and Vendors on portfolio wide projects.
- Responds to trouble tickets and provides day-to-day support. Leads to resolution issues or requests that require the technical troubleshooting of the supported application or systematic analysis of application data.
- Communicates with management and users on all projects, support, or analysis tasks
- Identify business systems solutions through research, benchmarking and investigation by attending conventions, seminars, reading journals and conducting collaboration with professional organizations, vendor user groups and other retailers.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Retail Merchandising, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical field.
- 3+ years of experience using an ERP application (Island Pacific is preferred)
- 3+ years of experience using JDA Allocation
- 3+ years of experience using Bamboo Rose/TradeStone
- 5+ years of experience working in information technology doing application analysis, design, testing, and implementation.
- 3+ years working in retail and an in-depth knowledge of retail business processes.
- Ability to create clear, structured and effective documentation
- Ability to create, manage and enforce application configuration and development standards.
- Ability to mentor and develop team members.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others in the performance of assigned duties.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct meetings with business executives, partners and peers.
- Ability to provide clear written and verbal communication with little or no supervision.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team member as well as a team leader
- Ability to be flexible to the rapidly changing needs of the department and company
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products, including Visio and MS project
- Role models leadership behaviors for partners and peers
- Analytical and structured thinking
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As a National Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.