Thinx Inc., an innovative company that is disrupting the menstrual hygiene and incontinence product categories. The Thinx Inc. family of brands—Thinx, Thinx Teens, Speax by Thinx, and Thinx for All™—are on a mission to create a healthier world through sustainable solutions to menstruation and incontinence.
Our people live our values daily and they serve as our cultural cornerstones.
- Be Accountable
- Be Profitable
- Be Human
- Be Curious
- Be Ambassadors
Thinx is seeking an exceptional SVP, Innovation to establish & lead our Innovation function, enable us to dominate market share, drive revenue and expand into new markets. Through the identification, development and delivery of unique product performance solutions and strong business acumen, you will lead the building of our Innovation function. The SVP, Innovation is an executive role reporting to the CEO.
The Work You’ll Do:
- Build Product Strategy and roadmap to maintain the brand’s position as the most innovative, sustainable period and incontinence solutions company.
- Create cross-functional partnerships and collaborate with Growth Marketing, Finance, CX, Design, Production & Sourcing.
- Ensure THINX is ahead of the industry in the exposure, and understanding of, the appropriate fields of science & technology.
- Apply your technical knowledge to elevate the THINX product beyond the current competition.
- Use your expertise to ensure scalability & manufacturing success of all Product Innovation programs.
- Strengthen patent portfolio.
- Support the validation of Product Innovation programs (including, but not limited in, prototyping, fitting, internal and external wear testing).
- Shape a ‘culture of innovation’, by building upon the existing Thinx Product Innovation infrastructure.
- Own the resulting internal processes, ensuring successful end to end (idea generation to commercialization) product delivery.
- Develop protocols to capture, prepare and register Thinx Intellectual Property.
- Direct the Product Innovation project management activities.
- Partner with all functional leads & internal Product Innovation Steering Committee members to deliver new opportunities within the defined time frame.
- Establish function budgets, project success indicators and work with internal leads to fund Product Innovation programs.
- Inspire the internal product teams with your passion for Product Innovation.
- Coach on Product Innovation opportunities & develop internal capabilities.
- Use your understanding of science & technology to clearly communicate any identified solutions to all levels of the business.
- Manage regular Product Innovation communications.
- Influence functional leads to support program participation.
- Build and lead a team of innovators
We’re Excited About You Because…
- You combine a strategic mindset with a relentless focus on execution. You are adept at translating high level business strategy into implementation plans that ensure high quality execution. You have an eye for detail while keeping the 30,000 foot view in mind. You have demonstrated success in driving large cross-functional initiatives for which there wasn’t a pre-existing playbook
- You are an expert at designing and implementing systems and processes that scale. You have a track record of going from “scrappy” to “scaled.” You are a master at driving efficient, repeatable processes that generate consistent results. You are a systems thinker and easily connect the dots between need and technological solution. You’ll do what it takes to get the job done while simultaneously figuring out ways to automate, reduce friction, and increase quality.
- You’re a strong collaborator and communicator. You proactively build cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the company. You are effective at driving outcomes and change even without direct authority. You are adept at translating the complex into the simple for clarity and engagement.
- You love measuring impact and managing ambitious goals. You’re effective at setting clear goals and measuring the impact of initiatives - whether it’s about driving accuracy, time savings, or customer delight.
- You have a strong understanding of science & technology, product development & apparel manufacturing fundamentals.
- A minimum of 15 years of work experience, with 10 years of experience in Product Innovation, and 5 years in a senior leadership role
- Prior experience building & leading a high-visibility function.
- Prior experience building and leading a team
- Experience working across wholesale and DTC
- Experience building product portfolio strategy across multiple brands, channels and price points
- Personally compelled and inspired by Thinx mission; individuals specifically interested in health and wellness and sustainability
You’re Excited About Us Because...
- 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks and monthly child care stipend
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Annual training and development stipend
- 1x Monthly Mental Escape Days
- 30% discount on Thinx Inc products and a quarterly $100 spend
- $90 quarterly wellness stipend to spend on personal health and fitness
- $100 monthly WFH stipend to support your remote office needs
- Progressive policies for bereavement and compassionate leave
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.