St. Louis, MO
The Senior Vice President (SVP) of Finance is responsible for the general direction of the company's finances in relation to its mission statement. The SVP, Finance monitors the organization's financial standing by keeping a close eye on regular operations, investments, and business transactions. They must also maintain an in-depth understanding of the firm's financial statements and domestic budget. They are also responsible for drafting and issuing financial reports, which are in turn given to the company's investors, regulators and stakeholders. As such, they must conduct periodic audits of the firm's financial operations to ensure that the recorded figures are verifiable and accurate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Direct the financial leadership in providing and directing standard expectations, compliance and reporting, continuous improvement processes and procedures, computer application systems necessary to maintain proper records, and to afford adequate accounting controls and services
- Direct and analyze studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the organization's policies and operations
- Analyze operational issues affecting functional groups, compensation, and determine their financial impact
- Evaluate and recommend business-partnering opportunities
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of internal financial policies and supports adherence to established procedures
- Ensure that financial cost models meet the reporting requirements of our operating units, clients and GAAP reporting
- Interview stakeholders of all levels throughout Finance and Operations to understand their needs, pain points, and request for changes in finance systems and processes
- Recommend and help design changes to finance business systems, including configuration changes, changes to integrations between systems, and software changes to in-house systems
- Provide recommendations on expenditure and revenue requirements to better align the organization on major corporate economic strategies, objectives, and policies
- Lead efforts to provide accurate reporting and analytics with a focus on improving processes and implementing automation where possible
- Oversee maintenance and support of SBM’s business intelligence, reporting, planning, and analytics systems
- Evaluate proposed new systems for implementation and drives the process of decision, vendor selection, and aid in implementation
- Directly support Operations in preparation of existing budgets, review budget proposals, and prepare necessary supporting documentation and justification for both internal and external use
- Escalate critical financial issues through appropriate SLT and operation’s channels to ensure monthly/quarterly performance goals are achieved. These include regular updates throughout the month to both avoid budget surprises and ensure that action plans to close budget gaps are tracked and managed.
Education and/ or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
May be required to have a valid driver’s license.
Compensation: $275-305,0000 per year