Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
As a member of the Supply Chain department, the Sustainability Specialist provides strategic support in enhancing our Stand For Something Good sourcing standards with an eye on sustainable and environmentally favorable outcomes. Providing research, data collection and database management.
- Manage our food, beverage, and packaging database of individual environmental criteria and data points
- Assist in sourcing new suppliers, ingredients and materials that meet and improve upon our sourcing strategies and contain marketing stories
- Oversees our waste and packaging regulation program
- Manage and support info and data needed for Scope 1, 2 & 3 reporting to professional consulting services and providers
- Supports the writing of our annual Stand For Something Good Report, providing historical data, sourcing stories and updates on new strategies and items in test.
- Collaborates with Marketing to help ensure our story is being told accurately and effectively
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Agriculture, or equivalent experience
- Passionate about food & beverage sourcing
- Experience in Corporate Sustainability, CSR, ESG
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
In order to be eligible to work in our NYC Home Office, you must be able to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination upon hire. Accommodations due to disability or religious reasons will be evaluated in compliance with the law.
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.