At Nutrien, our purpose is Feeding the Future and we do so with safety, inclusion, integrity and results as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, act with integrity, and who support inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us raise the expectation of what an agriculture company can be, and grow your career.
This position is a direct report to the Director, Sustainable Ag North America Field Engagement
Base location: Flexible
Travel: High (70-80%)
The Sustainability Manager is responsible for developing and leading a retail focused sustainability strategy within Nutrien Ag Solutions West Region. The Sustainability Manager will be responsible for advising the Sustainable Ag leadership team of unique opportunities in the West Region for promoting outcome based sustainable solutions. In addition, the Sustainability Manager will provide direct support to the West region retail divisions and branches to promote and build on identified sustainable practices and strategies.
The ideal candidate will be able to cultivate valued partnerships with team members, retail divisional and branch personnel, growers, and other supply chain stakeholders, while demonstrating strong agronomic knowledge and the ability to communicate the goals of the Sustainable Ag team at Nutrien Ag Solutions.
What you will do:
- Lead in forming a sustainability strategy, with Sustainable Ag leadership, West Regional, Divisional and Branch personnel, that reflects the uniqueness of the West regions cropping cultures
- Identify needed resources to accomplish sustainable ag goals within assigned geography and communicate those needs to leadership team
- Interact with Nutrien Ag Solution management to promote and champion unique opportunities for sustainable projects in the West region
- Provide the necessary training to a team of field staff supporting sustainable agriculture work
- Assist in maintaining brand awareness and identity of Nutrien Ag Solutions and its marketing initiatives focused on Sustainable Ag
- Prioritize field work in coordination with the Sustainable Ag leadership team
- Assist in meeting KPI’s established for Sustainable Ag including incremental margin goals, grower program participation, ecosystem program participation and retail engagement
- Serve as direct field support within the West Region and its projects, including:
- Recruitment of Divisional and Branch staff to support Sustainability Measurement Campaigns
- Identify potential downstream partners within assigned geography and provide information to Sustainable Ag leadership team.
- Provide technology training and technical support to staff as needed
- Assist with concept design, planning, and implementation of regional, divisional or branch Sustainable Ag campaigns
- Assist in grower data collection and quality assurance as needed
- Understand local farm production practices and assist in grower engagement regarding sustainable projects and goals
- Work in collaboration with other teams within Nutrien to achieve sustainability targets
- Engage in new growth opportunities and keep existing customers/partners
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
What you will bring:
- BS or MS in Agronomy, Soils, Ag Business, or other ag-related degree preferred
- 10+ years of related experience
- Self-starter and genuinely enjoys working with farmers and can build trusted relationships with their customers (customer defined as Nutrien Ag Solutions retail staff)
- Is passionate about technology-enabled farm management solutions
- Works effectively independently and within a team setting
- Has proven ability to collaborate between different areas of an organization
- Exhibits patience and diplomacy and enjoys helping, teaching, and leading others
- Understands the complexities of farming and can identify a grower’s challenges and opportunities
- Has exceptional time and priority-management skills and can work in a self-managed way
- Farm background and working knowledge of the farm
- Aptitude for information technology (both hardware and software)
- Agronomic knowledge of the crops grown within assigned geography
- Proficient use of computer programs to include Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must be able to travel within the North America geography following Nutrien travel requirements
Please note that if the selected candidate for this opportunity is within a commutable distance to a Corporate office, they would be required to work three days a week from that office location.
Compensation & Benefits:
The estimated salary that Indeed, Glassdoor and LinkedIn suggested does not represent Nutrien's compensation structure.
Salary range $116,720.00 to $175,080.00 annually. This range is estimated for Sustainability Manager in Loveland, CO.Actual salary and benefits may differ based upon location.
We provide an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, vision coverage, and life insurance and well as disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. In addition, we have a retirement program that encourages our employees to save for the longer term, with generous matching employer contributions.
Our benefit package also demonstrates our culture of care with paid vacation, sick days and holidays as well as paid personal and maternity/parental leaves and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. Details of the benefits package will be shared in the application process.
In addition to base pay, this role is also eligible to participate in our annual incentive plan and long-term incentive plan, consistent with the terms of our program(s) where discretionary pay out of awards is reflecting components such as performance of the company and the employee. Details will be discussed through the application process.
This information is provided in compliance with applicable state equal pay and pay equity legislation and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons. Nutrien also makes internal equity a consideration in all pay decisions.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.