There’s more to CMC than our steel products and the buildings, structures, and roads they go into. At CMC, it’s the people inside our recycling centers, fabrication plants, steel mills and offices that make us who we are as a company. Our success comes from finding, retaining, and supporting the highest quality talent by offering:
- Competitive compensation
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible/hybrid work environment
Why This Job
While some are changing their processes to become “more green”, we are doing what we were built to do! At Commercial Metals (CMC), we’re naturally green and naturally sustainable. CMC is proud of our sustainable history and environmental achievements and we strive to continue to investigate resource efficiencies to drive value and reduce impact. This critical role will report to the VP of Sustainability and Government Affairs and will be responsible for working with department heads and the operating business units in the ongoing management of the corporation-wide sustainability program. If this exciting career opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, apply online today!
What You'll Do
- Support the corporate sustainability strategy to address and achieve forward looking goals
- Work with all lines of our business to ensure data integrity
- Help drive the communications strategy to internal and external stakeholders
What You'll Need
- 5+ years in a dedicated corporate sustainability or EHS position
- 2+ years of experience in and a strong understanding of ESG ratings (DJSI, CDP, MSCI, Sustainalytics)
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability with data systems to analyze quantitative information
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Environmental Science, Sustainability, Public Policy, Accounting, or a related field is required
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that’s already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We’ve built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over last 100 years — but we’re just getting started.
If you’re ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways that connect our communities, and raise the bar for what it means to do meaningful work day in and day out. In short, you’re ready to be part of CMC. Join us and start moving your career — and our world — forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.