US, Indiana, Indianapolis, Virtual Office (Indiana)
US, Massachusetts, Boston, Virtual Office (Massachusetts)
US, Maryland, Annapolis, Virtual Office (Maryland)
US, Minnesota, St Paul, Virtual Office (Minnesota)
US, District of Columbia, Washington, Virtual Office (Washington D.C.)
US, Arizona, Phoenix, Virtual Office (Arizona)
US, Washington, Olympia, Virtual Office (Washington)
US, Georgia, Atlanta, Virtual Office (Georgia)
US, Illinois, Chicago, Virtual Office (Illinois)
US, Utah, Salt Lake City, Virtual Office (Utah)
US, Alabama, Birmingham, Virtual Office (Alabama)
US, North Carolina, Raleigh, Virtual Office (North Carolina)
US, Texas, Austin, Virtual Office (Texas)
The Genesys Global Sustainability team is seeking a talented intern to help the team solve the most pressing and challenging business problems of the biggest private software company in the Bay Area. The team is at the center of accelerating Genesys’ ability to deliver against its strategy and financial goals by creating and executing the global sustainability strategy. The team is at the forefront of Genesys culture, corporate management processes, and leading transformation initiatives. The scope of the transformation initiatives starts from the strategy formulation and all the way through to pure execution enablement while partnering closely with the leaders of the company.
The Sustainability Intern role will regularly interact with management and executive levels on strategy, planning, and operational execution with other team members of the Global Sustainability Team. The ideal candidate is comfortable deriving meaning and relevance from imperfect information based on raw data that often needs to be cleaned and completed by interviews and operational investigations.
- Planning and execution for transformational and operational improvement initiatives in support of the Global Sustainability team
- Data Analytics support for the facilitation of leadership strategic planning activities, including the development and maintenance of sustainability KPI dashboards
- Deep dive into accounting methodologies and scope definition for environmental footprinting
- Being curious at the connection points of multiple pieces of data: Identify unmet or underserved needs of the organization, continuously evaluate, minimize complexities, optimize, and improve processes.
- Participate in forums for collaboration to leverage best-of-breed information sharing, perform root cause analysis, and cross-functional remediation and improvements.
- This individual will interface with numerous internal groups (all levels of management) and must be able to quickly form productive and positive working relationships with staff with varying technical and business backgrounds and skill levels across cross-functional organizations.
- Pursuing a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) student or Environmental Science degree
- Quantitative Bachelor degree
- Robust analytics and structured problem-solving skills
- Strong GHG, carbon and/or environmental data accounting knowledge
- Experience with one of the following: Excel, Tableau, Birst, SFDC, R, Python
- Strong financial, forecasting and business acumen
- Solid communication skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Strong attention-to-detail, with the ability to drill down into very tactical considerations to ensure accuracy in deliverables
- Self-starter and autonomous, ability to multi-task, work independently, prioritize and get things done
- Prior consulting or sustainability experience a plus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Telehealth coverage
- Flexible work schedules and work from home opportunities
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Open Time Off
- 401(k) matching program
- Adoption Assistance
- Infertility treatments
See more Genesys benefits information at https://mygenesysbenefits.com/
Safety for our employees and our communities is a key priority for Genesys. We continue to experience rapid growth during the Covid-19 pandemic and are conducting remote hiring and onboarding processes. All hiring and onboarding processes are being conducted remotely at this time. We utilize Zoom video meetings and phone calls during the interview process. We will be working remotely through at least September 30, 2021, in most locations, and we are re-evaluating the opening date of all the Genesys offices on an ongoing basis.