HOW YOU'LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
Delta’s Global Sustainability team’s main focuses are supporting carbon neutrality and addressing aviation emissions. The intern will support projects that help support reducing emissions through carbon offsets, sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), and environmental sustainability storytelling.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support carbon neutrality projects
- Develop internal sustainability communications
- Support employee engagement in Delta’s sustainability efforts (Atlanta and beyond)
- Support customer engagement in Delta’s sustainability efforts
- Data processing/storytelling (i.e. building dashboards/summarized reports)
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree graduating between Winter 2022 and Summer 2023 in a related discipline or studying coursework related to climate science, sustainability, green business, or environment communications
- Interest in climate change, carbon offsets, GHG research, Corporate Social Responsibility, Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) reporting, green business, etc.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills
- Interact with internal and external customers of all levels
- Function effectively under pressure situations
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft applications, specifically Excel
Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Sustainability, Environmental Sciences, or Engineering graduating between December 2022 and Summer 2023
- Majoring/minoring in environmental science, environmental studies, environmental engineering, environmental policy, sustainability, environmental planning, ecology