Sustainability Engineering Associate
RS&H is seeking an Sustainability Engineering Associate to join our Buildings Practice in Jacksonville, FL!
This individual will be part of the Buildings Sustainability Team providing support and consulting expertise to clients on a global level.
As a member of the Buildings Sustainability Team, this individual will travel worldwide to conduct field visits to support energy assessments, facility condition assessments, commissioning activities, and environmental sampling and inspections. This individual will also have the opportunity to support other areas such as environmental stewardship, sustainability and resilience planning, permitting, and other consulting services.
The entry level staff position will provide direct support for activities related to Buildings and Infrastructure sustainability projects across the firm. The ideal candidate will have an interest in participating in a broad array of field surveys and site visits to support facility operation and maintenance, resource conservation, environmental compliance, and planning services. Broad engineering and environmental compliance knowledge desired.
- Located or willing to relocate to Jacksonville, FL.
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 50% of the time. Will be required to travel at least 1 week each month and another 2 consecutive weeks each quarter.
- Ability to travel throughout the US and internationally with a valid passport.
- An accredited Bachelor's degree in engineering, planning, environmental science, or related field or 5 years of experience in a related field.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is essential for use in completing assignments.
- Ability to resolve issues encountered during field work.
- Ability to work independently but also in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to be highly responsive to client deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Desire to learn new skills.
- Interest in engineering concepts related to HVAC, refrigeration, lighting, plumbing, power distribution, and emergency power systems.
- Interest in facility operation and maintenance related to energy and water conservation, waste management, and health and safety of occupants.
- Interest in environmental concepts related to industrial wastewater compliance, pollution prevention, drinking water safety, and discharge/groundwater monitoring.
- Interest in preparing regulatory documents needed to meet federal and state-specific environmental laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of other software applications. These may include but are not limited to ESRI ArcGIS, Facility Grid, and Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Interest in professional certifications or registrations. These certifications or registrations may include but are not limited to Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA), Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Environmental Professional (CEP), or registered Professional Engineer (PE) or Professional Geologist (PG).
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information
Employee-owned, RS&H is one of the nation’s leading architecture, engineering, and consulting firms whose associates work hard every day to create a more connected future where everyone can thrive. We offer an exceptional journey from start to future. Our integrated teams translate experience into insight, turn challenges into opportunities, and build relationships that are as strong as the buildings and infrastructure we deliver together. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, caring, forward-thinking, creativity, inclusivity, and ownership.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.