Sustainability Engagement Manager
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. is transforming manufacturing with world-class standards that ensure our products are made responsibly and sustainably. Everything we do puts workers at the center. We are respecting the environment and using cutting-edge technologies to create better, more personalized products for our customers.
Many of the challenges we seek to address are complex and beyond the scope of one brand or company. We need to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to think creatively, and pool our skills in order to address risks and improve outcomes for our manufacturing factories, workers, and their communities.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Sustainability Engagement Manager who will help develop and lead strategic partnerships, multi-stakeholder initiatives and activations that advance Nike’s ambitious sustainability goals.
You will work cross-functionally to implement engagement strategies that drive system change by engaging a variety of internal and external audiences. You will play a critical role in supporting teams to move from strategy to execution to make ideas a reality.
We are looking for someone adept at cultivating relationships and leading strategic partnerships. You are a strong communicator who can synthesize complex ideas and information. You are comfortable leading team efforts, and a highly proficient project manager who excels at working collaboratively while delivering individual responsibilities in dynamic environments. You balance the big picture with meticulous attention to details with ease. You thrive in moving strategy to execution through program leadership, timeline management and internal and external partner engagement.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Develop and lead strategic partnerships, including identifying areas for collaboration and setting overall partnership strategy, roadmap and KPIs.
- Help set and run project objectives, timelines, deliverables, processes and decision-making models.
- Engage with internal and external partners to reach Nike’s carbon reduction targets.
- Lead and contribute to Nike’s engagement at global events, including developing activation concepts, leading partners and agencies, preparing briefing materials and handling logistics.
- Plan and facilitate meetings and workshops with internal and external partners.
- Keep on top of trends in corporate sustainability leadership, emerging issues relevant to the footwear, apparel and fashion industries, and key global moments where initiatives and decision-making influence progress against the Paris Climate Agreement.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will report to the Director of Global Sustainability Engagement. You will work cross-functionally with sustainability teams embedded across the business, including Purpose Communications, Government and Public Affairs, Responsible Supply Chain, Sustainable Product, Innovation, Analytics and more.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or higher or combination of relevant education, experience and training.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Environmental sustainability subject matter expertise.
- Experience cultivating relationships and leading strategic partnerships.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills, including to senior leaders.
- Superb interpersonal skills and ability to influence & work cross-functionally.
- Experience with project management to deliver team results.
- Self-starter comfortable working in ambiguous environments.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally. (up to 30% during non-COVID times)
- Experience managing relationships with multi-stakeholder initiatives and coalitions.
- Experience working in a large, highly matrixed organization with high comfort managing complex and dynamic partner structures.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to analyze problems, gather information, identify new opportunities, generate ideas, apply different perspectives and business needs, and propose a way forward.
- Proficiency with Powerpoint, Keynote and AirTable are a plus.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.