The Sustainability Director creates and oversees Chipotle’s sustainability vision and strategy. The Head of Sustainability leads a team of people managing and executing that strategy to understand, communicate and ultimately improve our company’s overall sustainable impact. They are also responsible for publishing our public Sustainability Report every two years to GRI standard, with a Report Update each year in between the full report.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Creates the sustainability vision and strategy for the brand and our restaurants.
- Oversees all environmental sustainability practices including waste, energy, and water.
- Establishes climate strategy, including Science Based Targets, Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions.
- Oversees our waste and packaging regulation program (over 1/4 of all restaurants are under some regulation).
- Manages a team of people executing the strategy for our sustainability vision (3 direct reports).
- Advises on the company's Food & Animal programs and ensures our practices are in line with our greater sustainability vision.
- Collaborates with marketing to help ensure our story is being told accurately and effectively.
- Works with cross-functional partners to deliver on our Food With Integrity commitments.
- Writes our Sustainability Report and Sustainability Report updates (to GRI standard).
- Sets, manages, and monitors public goals in Food & Animals, People and the Environment.
- Primary contact for Sustainability/ESG related Investor inquiries, shareholders and NGO partners.
- Represents Chipotle at public speaking events and through media interviews.
- Oversees and manages the relationship with RiverRoad, our waste management company, and the relationship with Gridpoint, our Energy Management company.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university (Master’s Degree preferred)
- 8+ years of experience in Corporate Sustainability, CSR, ESG or related field
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Innovative and creative mindset with ability to establish partnerships and test initiatives to deliver breakthrough results
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.