As a member of Sustainability Strategy team, this role is responsible for leading and supporting client engagements within Edison Energy’s Sustainability practice, with a focus on helping high-profile clients (primarily Fortune 500 companies) define and execute sustainability and decarbonization strategies. Key to this role will be leveraging your sustainability expertise and insights and assisting clients in building their own internal capacity. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on high impact consulting projects across areas including sustainability strategy; greenhouse gas inventory (scopes 1, 2, and 3); target setting (net zero, science-based targets, carbon neutrality); decarbonization strategy; environmental justice; sustainability reporting; stakeholder engagement; climate adaptation; water; waste; and renewable energy.
- Provide mentoring and training to junior team members, as they execute project delivery under your direction.
- Lead/support client engagements with a focus on sustainability and decarbonization strategy development, including net-zero goals and Science Based Targets (SBTi).
- Lead/support technical advisory to clients, including through the development of greenhouse gas (GHG) inventories (scopes 1, 2, and 3), carbon abatement curves, carbon pricing, climate scenario modeling, and other relevant topics.
- Communicate sustainability strategy within client organizations, engaging leadership (including the C-suite and operational management) in defining business case, synthesizing feedback, and developing tailored strategy,
- Educate and advise multi-disciplinary teams within Edison Energy on industry trends pertaining to sustainability and support existing and prospective clients on sustainability elements.
- Author proposals, whitepapers and other collateral to contribute to Edison Energy’s thought leadership on sustainability.
- Build and support relationships with other sustainability consultants, NGOs, regulatory entities, vendors and product/service companies.
- 5-8 years’ experience in the sustainability field demonstrating increased responsibilities; work experience in consultancy / professional services preferred.
- Project management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree with focus in Sustainability, Engineering, Finance, Business Administration, Data Analytics, Statistics, or Economics desired. A master’s degree in a relevant discipline is a plus.
- Substantial working expertise in two or more of the following areas: sustainability program development, GHG inventory accounting (GHG Protocol), decarbonization strategy, sustainability goal setting (SBTi, Net Zero, and others), stakeholder engagement, climate adaptation and risk, renewable energy and environmental reporting.
- Experience working with climate-related disclosures and frameworks including TCFD, CDP, DJSI GRESB, or Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies and gain executive support for enterprise level environmental programs.
- Ability to teach and mentor junior staff to develop new skills
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills and a strong attention to detail
- Strong facilitation, network building and influencing capabilities and ability to growth and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial interest in growing a strategic initiative within an expanding company
- Travel may be expected up to 20% of time (currently zero travel due to ongoing COVID-19 pandemic)
We prefer the position to be based out of Boston, MA. However, we will consider remote candidates as well.
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off (includes but not limited to Paid Parental Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Sick, Vacation, etc.)
- National Holiday Pay & Float Holidays
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer 100% Paid Life Insurance Benefits
- Employer 100% Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental (Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits, Cancer/Critical Care, Hospitalization, Accident)
- Parent Company ESPP
- Clean, Air Conditioned, Friendly Working Environment
- Discretionary Bonus Based on Several Factors
- Hybrid remote work schedule
Don't meet all the requirements? Please still apply and submit your resume and cover letter if you think you are the right person for the position. We are always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and objectives.
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
The Company is now requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, both for safety and business reasons. During the final stage of the interview process you will be required to disclose your COVID vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources. The Company will consider requests for exemptions from the vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons, though not all such requests will necessarily be approved.
NOTE: Edison Energy Group is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy Group is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.