Sustainability Communications Manager
Do you want to contribute to building and protecting the reputation of Procter & Gamble and our brands? As a Communications Manager, you’ll represent our company and our brands to many internal and external stakeholders such as journalists, social media influencers, retailer and consumer associations, and non-government organizations.
A career in P&G Communications will enable you to demonstrate and build your skills in communications strategy and planning, public relations, collaboration with external organizations and internal business partners, social advocacy, PR agency relationships, and issues management.
We are looking for a highly motivated professional to join our Communications team in Cincinnati, Ohio, to support the P&G enterprise and P&G brands. As a Sustainability Communications Manager, the candidate will be accountable for helping build and maintain a positive reputation aimed at engaging and inspiring employees, customers, consumers, and suppliers.
We are specifically looking for someone to help implement sustainability strategies, create and execute compelling content and communication plans. This would include developing a variety of strong and trustworthy relationships with stakeholders that can be leveraged to build and protect the reputation of our brands. The candidate will serve as a partner to business functions by understanding their needs and the needs of their stakeholders. The position will be North America in scope but will require a strong partnership with global and local integrated brand communications colleagues.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Developing and curating the right sustainability content to engage our target audiences on company and brand sustainability journey and commitments
- Developing communications materials across a wide range of media and formats to support reaching the various audiences at the right place and the right time
- Developing strong relationships with media and influencers covering environmental issues and engage them to generate informed reporting
- Monitoring media and social media trends on environmental issues impacting the industry and leverage insights to strengthen our communications approach and mitigate potential emerging issues
- Collaborate with multifunctional teams to develop comprehensive measurement and tracking plans to measure performance to deliver key goals
- Managing agencies and acting as a strategic counsel & leader for the multifunctional team
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience (Communications, Sustainability, Corporate, Citizenship, etc.)
- Bachelors, Masters, or MBA in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or similar degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience working with the news media, influencers and stakeholders
- Excellent understanding and ability to assess the needs of both external influencers and internal business partners
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and manage issues that can affect brand reputation
- Strong leadership, emotional intelligence, integrative thinking, and collaboration skills
- Understanding of and experience with digital content and social media platforms (owned, earned, and paid)
- Be a team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Possess an outstanding attention to detail
- Ensures integrated communications approach, considering all audiences and communications channels
- Passionate about science and sustainability a plus!
KEEP IN MIND:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.