The Sustainability Team is seeking a Sustainability Analyst to help manage cross functional data collection and analysis. This role will provide key information to guide decision-making across the business related to our climate, packaging, and responsible sourcing programs. As a brand committed to the application of science for our collective well-being, data serves as the backbone of our business.
To be successful in this role the candidate needs to be highly analytical with strong attention to detail. The ability to effectively engage and communicate with internal and external stakeholders is also important. Working knowledge of common sustainability related standards, frameworks, reporting, and experience using tools is needed. Additional detail about the role and anticipated work streams is included below.
In This Role You Will:
Manage sustainability & ESG data collection ~ 40%
- Develop and implement Sustainability & ESG data management strategy
- Build new and refine existing data processes related to data collection, preparation, and storage
- Identify, collect, and securely store primary and secondary data needed to meet business objectives
- Act as the primary point of contact for sustainability & ESG data with key internal and external stakeholders
Conduct research and analyze date to inform decision-making ~ 40%
- Identify and propose application of best-in-class standards, frameworks, tools, and protocols for material sustainability topics
- Perform analysis needed to achieve objectives for our climate, packaging, and responsible sourcing programs
- Conduct lifecycle assessments to help inform efforts to minimize the environmental footprint of products and our value chain
- Lead annual greenhouse gas inventorying efforts and track progress to ensure we achieve our enterprise climate goals
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to provide data and analysis needed for product and enterprise level third party certifications (e.g. B Corp)
Provide key inputs for communicating data insights & reporting ~ 20%
- Prepare slides and other inputs for regular internal and external reporting and progress tracking
- Identify compelling data insights that can inform marketing and PR storytelling
- Provide data and analysis for website, social media, and email assets
- Bachelor's Degree or higher education in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience in a data collection & analysis role, including data management strategy development and implementation
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities, specifically ability to perform Life Cycle Assessments, understanding of GHG inventorying including Scope 3 emissions, etc.
- Experience managing data collection, analysis, and reporting for material sustainability & ESG issues
- Experience communicating data insights in visual formats and familiarity/proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Smartsheet, and other tools
- Excellent communication, social, and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally
At Beautycounter we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.