The Environmental Sustainability Analyst will help implement, achieve, refine, and report on UA’s Climate Action program, supply chain goals including Scope 3 emissions goals, targets and reduction, and broader environmental program evolution. The Professional, Environmental Sustainability will leverage IT systems and support the evolution of dashboards and processes to track and report on progress to internal and external stakeholders. This role will also implement and expand UA’s Higg Facilities Environmental Module (FEM) supplier self-assessment, verification, and capacity-building and impact reduction programs; further, incorporate these into UA’s operating model; and support UA’s Higg Brand & Retailer Module (BRM) environmental self-assessment, verification, and improvement. The role is responsible for important data analysis, collection, substantiation, and assurance, as well as research, materials, and coordination for significant cross-functional work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collect, analyze, and substantiate climate, supply chain, and other environmental sustainability data. Support dashboard creation and track progress toward goals and targets. This work will include CDP Climate and Water responses, TCFD, SASB, UA’s Sustainability Report, and other reporting to, and engagement with, manufacturing and supply chain partners and internal/external stakeholders.
- Working with Sr. Lead, Environmental Sustainability, implement and expand supplier FEM self-assessment and verification, further incorporating FEM program into OpModel/work by other teams. Ensure broad progress toward UA’s FEM, Climate/Renewable Energy Action, and other forthcoming goals and targets related to suppliers based on existing and forthcoming guidance and materials.
- Support the Sustainable Apparel Coalition’s Higg Brand & Retailer Module (BRM) completion and verification for environmental topics.
- Provide program operations support by conducting research and capturing highlights from briefings, supporting meetings/trainings and presentation materials, and processing some invoices.
- Create content for communicating about UA’s environmental work to internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Strong understanding of science-based targets and CDP Climate, TCFD, (and ideally Water and environmental sustainability reporting including GRI and SASB)
- Understanding of the Higg FEM and apparel, footwear, and equipment development, supply chains, and manufacturing processes helpful
- Project management and PPT experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in a retail/consumer goods company or manufacturing facility helpful
- Experience with energy/climate IT and PLM systems helpful
- Other knowledge of, and experience with, ESG/SRI related issues helpful
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent PPT skills
- Strong interpersonal skills/diplomacy and sound judgment, flexible work style
Education And / Or Experience
- BA/BS in environmental sustainability, a degree related to textiles, or a quantitative analysis discipline, ideally with a combination of quantitative and qualitative focus
- Graduate degree focused on energy and/or corporate environmental sustainability preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience, preferably fast-paced work in corporate environmental sustainability, related to corporate climate and/or water-focused consulting, or apparel/footwear supply chains
- Location: This individual must reside within commuting distance from our global headquarters in Baltimore, MD.
- Return To Work Designation: 2 days a week in-office, the remainder of work week remote.
- Travel: When needed, expected to be infrequent
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Learn more about Under Armour’s COVID-19 response and Teammate vaccination policies here.