Under general supervision the Altice USA Operations Supervisor - Field provides support and development to broadband technicians involved in the installation and service fulfillment of all products and services provided by Altice USA. Works with other members of the management team to develop and implement strategic plans to achieve department goals. Responsible for all installation and fulfillment activities which contribute to customer satisfaction.
- Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values
- Supervises installation and fulfillment function
- Serves as role model for subordinates in all areas of the business
- Actively supports the training and development of subordinates
- Promotes safety awareness among employees and assures compliance with safety regulations and reporting. Ensures that subordinates have proper safety equipment and follow safety policies. Ensures that disciplinary action regarding violations of safety policy are enforced
- Supports and drives the development of the technical operations sales culture
- Interviews, coaches, trains, monitors and evaluates broadband technicians fostering a team environment.
- Spends majority of time in the field observing, supporting and developing technicians. Rides with BBTs to monitor and assess technical and customer service performance and quality
- Assures the quality of installations repairs meets company standards and customer expectations
- Assures the completion of scheduled work by overseeing daily activities
- Manages contract labor utilization and supervises contracted installers
- Provides direction and participates in the repair of escalated technical issues.
- Helps resolve complex customer issues
- Manages tech performance metrics, evaluates performance gaps and develops techs knowledge, skills and abilities to meet company and customer expectations
- Monitors system key performance indicators, and manages operations to meet or exceed system goals
- Manages inventory control and maintenance by performing vehicle, tools and materials inspections for BBTs
- Manages day-to-day fleet operations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
- Ability to apply leadership skills effectively
- Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate testing equipment (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters)
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds). Accommodation with 50- pound maximum lifting is available.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds. Accommodation with 50- pound maximum lifting is available.
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
Qualifications / Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Field service experience with broadband installation
- SCTE Broadband Premise Installation (BPI) Certification
- In-depth knowledge of broadband installation technology, methods and procedures
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and electronics
- Skill in using a Windows-based computer
- Appropriate valid driver's license and driving record within Company standards
- Bi-lingual proficiency preferred in some locations
- Customer service and sales experience preferred
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing.