Our user base has grown many times over in the last year and engineering-driven support lies at the heart of our expansion. As Render's support engineer, you will set the industry standard for responsive and empathetic developer-focused customer support.
As a Support Engineer at Render, you will:
- Support developers using Render both one-on-one and in public channels.
- Become a trusted voice in the rapidly expanding global Render community.
- Help debug and fix customer issues across our stack.
- Contribute to a growing ecosystem of open source projects built around or on Render.
- Be the voice of the customer and channel their feedback to help improve our products and documentation and define the state of the art.
- Work closely with Render's product and engineering leadership to build our support organization.
You are a great fit for this role if:
- You have a customer-first mindset and deep empathy for developers.
- You are a generalist engineer, fluent in at least one programming language and interested in learning more.
- You enjoy interacting with developers and are driven by the gratification that comes from fixing their problems.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator with a keen eye for detail.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and believe in empathetic, direct, open and honest communication.
- You are self-directed; curious by nature and an impressively quick learner.
- Bonus points for:
- Previous experience in a technical support role.
- A desire to develop your coding skills by working in Render's codebase to solve customer issues.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation with early exercise options and extended exercise windows.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation, available from day one.
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child. We will also work with you to create a supportive plan of return.
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K plans.
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage and 99% employer-paid dental and vision coverage for you and a dependent. FSAs available too.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly mental health stipend
- Monthly commuter stipend for Bay Area employees, and a home office stipend for remote employees
- Continuous learning benefits & related support.
Render is an equal opportunity employer. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product, and our community to flourish. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional, and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We encourage all who are interested to apply. We can't wait to hear from you!