We’re amika. a friend to hair, hairstylists, her, him, them and you. 10 collections created for every hair type, texture and style - all hair is welcome.
We were kind and clean before it was a thing. Cruelty-free, Vegan and free from harsh chemicals like sulfates, parabens, dea, mit, mcit and over 1,300 ingredients on our “no list”. Going greener is top of mind, so we’ve partnered with Terracycle to recycle the unrecyclable and began producing only PCR plastic bottles in 2022. amika is a Climate Neutral Certified organization, Leaping Bunny Certified and Certified Vegan.
Founded in Brooklyn, we’re a collective of creatives, hair stylists, chemists and product enthusiasts. We create the style, products and packaging; take our own photographs and make our own films.
We love what we do.
The Supply Planner will be responsible for the full production of your product portfolio and assigned vendors from PO placement through XFTY, and ensuring the timely delivery of goods to meet customer demand by analyzing unconstrained demand and inventory, by defining deadlines, submitting POs, ensuring on-time shipping and providing timely updates on production status.
this role requires a strong understanding of supply chain management and the ability to analyze and interpret data to make informed decisions.
Location: hybrid in-office/work from home schedule, with 3-4 mandatory trips per year to HQ in Brooklyn, NY (paid by company)
Salary: $70,000 - $80,000 + benefits
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement effective supply plans to meet customer demand and ensure on-time delivery of goods.
- Monitor inventory levels and adjust plans as necessary to avoid stock-outs or overstocking.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure production schedules are aligned with customer demand.
- Collaborate with suppliers to manage lead times, delivery schedules, and capacity planning.
- Analyze and interpret data to make informed decisions about supply planning.
- Communicate regularly with Demand Planning, Sales and Customer Service teams to provide updates on delivery schedules and resolve any issues.
- Monitor and report on key performance metrics related to supply planning, including inventory turns, order fill rate, and on-time delivery.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve supply chain processes and drive efficiency.
- Drive production through daily vendor communication
- Manage product from purchase order to X-factory
- Troubleshoot/resolve all issues affecting deliverables
- Submit all purchase orders, define deadlines and ensure on time shipping
- Responsible for timely and clear communication on updates related to production status and timing
- Maintain production tracker and SAP with item/order/delivery changes or updates
- New product set up and maintenance including (but not limited to) cost logs, BOMs, production files, product specs and artwork
- Reconcile and resolve invoice discrepancies in collaboration with AP team
- Evaluate and communicate high risk potential and issues
- Build strong vendor relationships and track performance to ensure standards are met
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a supply planning role.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of supply chain management principles and best practices.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with ERP systems, such as SAP, is a plus.
Please click the link that will bring you to our careers page through Greenhouse. Submit a cover letter describing yourself and why you’d be the perfect fit along with your resume.