Kiva Confections (www.kivaconfections.com) is a world-class cannabis-infused edibles company in California, the largest cannabis market in the world. Kiva's line includes Kiva Chocolate Bars, Terra Bites, Petra Mints, Lost Farms Gummies & Chews, and Camino Gummies. Our products are crafted from premium ingredients and thoughtfully combined with California cannabis. Since our beginning in 2010, our goal has been to create confections that redefine what a cannabis confection ought to be. By applying art and science, we ensure a deliciously consistent experience.
We have high-reaching growth plans as the legal market and consumer adoption expand. Key growth initiatives include ambitious platform innovation, outstanding marketing, geographic expansion, strategic partnerships, and more. We are resourced for this spectacular growth and looking for great people to help take us to the next level.
The Supply Planner will report to the Director of Supply Chain and play a critical role in maintaining the flow of inventory to support our Sales and margin goals. This individual will analyze and optimize stock levels at our warehouses, manage the inventory investment for their assigned categories, work closely with Procurement and Operations to navigate around supply issues, and assist in the development and execution of strategic supply chain initiatives. Additional responsibilities include updating and maintaining existing reports, assisting in the development of new reports/tools, maintaining BOMs, and managing inventory transfers between warehouses.
This is the job for you, if...
- You have a proven track record of maintaining a positive, solutions-driven attitude, even when working under tight deadlines
- You’ve been told (more than once) that you’re a scrappy team player, who is organized, proactive, and detail-oriented
- You’re proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Suite, and an have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- You have the ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions, despite ambiguity in inputs
As a Kiva Supply Planner, you will...
- Be a fundamental stakeholder in developing Kiva’s ERP system, while maintaining day-to-day supply levels outside of a centralized system in the interim
- Proactively identify and develop solutions to reduce our fiscal inventory investment, while keeping out-of-stock risk and inventory investment at a minimum
- Maintain, track, and trend financial supply train metrics (weeks on hand, DSI, out of stock rate, etc)
- Work closely with Marketing, Project Management, FSQA, Procurement, and Operations to execute brand refreshes, formulation changes, compliance changes, and discontinuations, while minimizing fiscal waste
- Work closely with inventory teams to identify inventory variances in order to mitigate risks to Kiva’s supply chain
- Collaborate with Operations and Procurement to execute the supply plans you develop with minimal variance
- Communicate risks to your plans in a timely manner, with a thoughtful action plan for resolution
- Work closely with Procurement to understand upcoming changes to lead times, MOQs, and costs
- Help maintain BOMs, and work with the Systems team, Operations, Procurement, and FSQA to understand upcoming BOM changes
What we're looking for...
- Min. 2 years experience in inventory planning, demand planning, or similar supply chain role, preferably in CPG manufacturing
- Ability to perform a number of routine tasks quickly, efficiently and accurately
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to proactively engage others to resolve issues
- Advanced knowledge of supply chain/inventory systems, with proficiency for analysis and modeling and creative thinking
- Extensive experience in spreadsheet and data analysis
- Knowledge of statistical forecasting methods and forecast accuracy metrics
- Bachelor's Degree in statistics, mathematics, or a related field
- Proven experience managing inventory levels and replenishment for a large portfolio of items
- Experience in working within an ERP system
$90,000 - $100,000 a year
Please note, we consider a number of factors such as internal pay parity, relevant experience/skills, geographic location, etc.
Kiva Confections provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your job application and the Company’s evaluation of your candidacy, the Company collects, receives, maintains, and uses the following types of Personal Information about you for the business purposes identified for each category:
Category: Personal Identifiers
Examples: Name, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number
- To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring; employers to maintain certain records;
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
- To obtain and verify background check and references; and
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
Category: Pre-Hire Information
Examples: Job application, resume, background check results, job interview notes, and candidate evaluation records
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Employment History
Examples: Information regarding prior job experience, positions held, names of prior supervisors, reference information, skills and when permitted by applicable law your salary history or expectations
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Education Information
Examples: Information from resumes regarding educational history; transcripts or records of degrees, vocational certifications, licenses obtained
Business Purpose: Same as above
If you become employed by the Company, the Company will notify you of additional categories of Personal Information that it collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes.