Supply Chain Director
Rubicon Organics’ mission is to grow the best cannabis on Earth, for the Earth. We are on our journey to achieving our vision to be the global brand leader in organic cannabis.
We’re looking for a talented individual to help us deliver our mission and have a big impact. As our Director, Supply Chain you will report into the VP Operations to lead and manage the company’s internal supply chain department to enhance our strategies, procedures and to establish the capabilities to optimize the overall business performance.
- Ensure that Rubicon’s portfolio of brands are translated from concept into execution through effective planning, procurement, production scheduling and delivery on time, in full to our customers across Canada and the world.
- Develop, implement, and maintain supply chain management strategies that increase the efficiency and speed of supply operations
- A supply chain expert that understands how to build a new supply chain function, not just run existing systems. A pragmatic builder, who can find the right balance in creating meaningful processes, while also enabling us to remain agile in this fast-evolving and high growth industry
- Working closely with the procurement manager on correspondence and negotiations with suppliers as needed
- Conduct activities to assist in qualifying new suppliers and service providers
- Optimization of warehouse and inventory functions
- Partner with the innovation team to find and manage supply solutions to bring our pipeline of new products to market quicklyContinuously improve the Supply Chain Strategy that will execute Rubicon Organics vision
- Translate the strategy in short and mid-term goals, cascading and supporting the organization to meet objectives
- Convert long term forecast into optimized production plans to balance inventory levels and customer orders
- Work closely with vendors, suppliers, and carriers to ensure timely deliveries of materials to support weekly production schedules
- Work with the planning, shipping, and production teams to deliver high performance service level Logistics
- Manage carriers and 3rd parties
- Ensure the Supply Chain team achieve the KPI’s which measure drivers of value within the end-to-end supply chain
- A great people leader, who can inspire performance in their team to deliver results
- Maintains a high performing team by hiring, training, developing and mentoring employees
- As the leader of the SC team, role model the mission, vision, and values of Rubicon organics, and lead the team to exceed expectations so that all our stakeholders share in the extraordinary value that we create.
- 10 years' experience in managing a supply chain team
- Success in growing and developing high performing supply chain teams
- Manage multiple team projects across different functions
- Previous S&OP management and operations leadership
- Proven analytical & creative thinking, and adept at finding solutions for supply chain obstacles technical and non-operational problems
- A data expert, who loves finding insights from, and patterns in complex data, with the ability to simplify the information and clearly communicate direction to help the organisation be effective
- Previous cannabis industry, greenhouse agricultural operations, manufacturing, CPG or pharmaceuticals experience is a strong advantage
- Successfully work cross-functionally with both internal and external departments
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, business, agriculture, or related field; or equivalent experience.