Supply Chain Analyst
For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what’s possible, and constantly innovate.
Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Supply Chain Analyst, eCommerce Operations Team is responsible for ensuring product availability to meet forecasted demand for eStore business of SEA. Forecasts are generated via consensus calls with eCommerce team, and Product Marketing Teams using spreadsheets, Samsung Systems and Tools (GSBN, GSCM and NERP). This team will ensure that there is supply allocation against the forecast in timely manner, and our WHs carry the optimal level of inventory to fulfill direct-to-consumer orders (through Samsung.com).
The analyst is responsible for managing a product category under Consumer Electronics Division, and will oversee the end to end process, from Sellout Forecasting entry in the system, to Stock transfer within each SEA WHs in order to fulfill eStore customer orders. The Specialist will also support strategic projects on behalf of the entire Supply Chain Team for the responsible product category, generate reports which will be visible to the executive leadership team, and represent the SCM Team when working with internal/external customers.
Role and Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONISIBLITIES
- Lead the weekly CPFR call with internal stakeholders
- Ensure the POS sell thru forecasts are aligned to historical trends and future price and promotional roadmap for 20+ weeks out
- Manage the AP1 by site to maintain target WOS
- Identify and provide early warnings to key stakeholders for aging inventory in the eStore SLOC
- Lead STO/ DO creation and follow up for upside needs by site. Provide weekly tracking information
- Maintain the product hierarchy and Master UI’s in SCM systems (GSBN and GSCM) by removing EOL SKUs, adding newly launching models and updating the BOD table
- Work closely with the eCommerce Fulfillment team to ensure site level splits are accurate
- Collaborate with the Order Fulfillment team to help reduce Customer delays and out of stocks
- Track and report weekly KPI metrics and provide root cause/ mitigation plans for any misses
- Create and publish weekly reports such as the Operational Summary. Support ad hoc report requests as needed for SCM topics
- Publish Display Aging Report on weekly basis, and take the lead on consolidating all products Aging report (for Leadership meetings and internal team review sharing)
- Support and help implement new processes and projects
- Attend weekly SCM Day
- Optimal WOS management at SKU level
- Sellout Forecast Accuracy: 60%+ Achievement rate
- Stock out Rate: <5% each week
- Aging management under: <2% for each month-end
- Data Accuracy (KPI and Aging reports)
- Individual MBO Targets
Skills and Qualifications
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or similar preferred
- Must have a 2-4 year minimum work experience in relevant field
- Excellent Analytical and Computer Skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Office Suite (Advanced Excel Skills required)
- SAP experience preferred
- Excellent Communications skills (written, verbal)
- Korean Language skills for working with Samsung Global Operations helpful
- Must be comfortable presenting to and promoting consensus-building with Senior Management up to, and including at the Executive level.
- Must be comfortable working in a multi-cultural business environment
- Must be available to work overtime and on every weekend as needed
- Occasional Travel will be required
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.