Supervisor Quality Control
This position works out of our GURNEE, IL location in the ARDX DIVISION. Our rapid diagnostics solutions are helping address some of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges.
As the SUPERVISOR QUALITY CONTROL is the primary person responsible for a specific shift, or a significant and permanent project (in addition to normal quality control supervisor responsibilities) that is either cross-functional in nature or impacts multiple areas (i.e., crews, business units, sites). The SUPERVISOR QUALITY CONTROL is responsible for the performance of his or her team and meeting any assigned project timelines and objectives. Keys to success include proper management of product support while ensuring quality and compliance of employees/equipment, promotion of a safe and positive work environment, constant pursuit of business excellence initiatives, successful management and development of direct reports and achieving results through cross-functional relationships (i.e., Management, Engineering, Production, Equipment, Materials). The SUPERVISOR QUALITY CONTROL will generate improvements through innovative ideas and execution while meeting daily production / operational/department demands.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining effectiveness of the quality system by ensuring quality/compliance of manufacturing / production processes.
- Pro-actively seek ways to maintain and improve quality standards.
- Use objective and quantifiable measures to decrease safety incidents and to increase quality and performance.
- Promote a safe work environment by ensuring the highest standards in employee safety.
- Supervise, train, and develop nonexempt personnel.
- Develop goals / objectives for all assigned personnel. Monitor employees' performance against goals, provide performance feedback. Write and conduct development plans / performance appraisals. Manage employee HR issues.
- Manage and assign resources to address business needs, including staffing levels, overtime needs and project support.
- Provide leadership for the team and appropriately address quality, production and safety needs effectively.
- Be responsible for overall equipment performance & maintain equipment downtime to an acceptable level.
- Support equipment upgrades/new installations.
- Responsible for meeting daily production goals. Proactively seek ways to support the customer (i.e., working with engineering to find alternative resolutions that to issues, while maintaining compliance, without stopping production).
- Work as a liaison between functional departments to assist in resolving issues.
- Promote communication and teamwork across shifts /crews/sites as applicable.
- Provide support for compliance investigations. resolve corrective actions.
- Responsible for motivating all assigned personnel to ensure that all applicable documentation is within compliance of procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure all assigned personnel are in personal training compliance and unique training needs of the group are met.
- Participate in plant Safety, Quality and Operations meetings.
- Assist / support other functions as needed.
- Accountable to ensure the site assigned to will meet the highest standards in quality, customer service, and compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Accountable to ensure that safety, quality and performance goals are met on a daily and weekly basis.
SHIFT: MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business, Operations degree preferred; OR an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 5 years related work experience
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting the manufacture of Medical Devices (i.e., cGMPs and CFRs). Industry / supervisory experience and direct exposure to Operations desired.
- Has understanding of operations standards within multiple areas and documentation. Has understanding of safety, quality, and performance goals and has the ability to execute on goals. Must be able to lead and motivate people to ensure safety, quality and performance. Ability to make decisions with sound judgment and execute on such decisions with quantifiable results. Ability to make difficult decisions within a time-sensitive environment. Ability to find solutions to difficult problems and/or the ability to find resources to solve such problems. Able to confront and resolve conflict and lead efforts to resolve critical situations. Uses good judgment to make sound decisions. This position requires a high level of adaptability, flexibility, clear direction and creative decision-making in a highly challenging environment.
- Drive for Results: Collaboratively set realistic, challenging, measurable goals and timetables. Keep self and others focused on key performance indicators.
- Set Vision and Strategy: Understand trends, their implication and opportunities, in the global environment (customer, technical, health care, regulatory, etc.); Gather information from multiple sources including customers, peers, staff and external experts. Assess information with a global perspective, identifying opportunities and threats and developing long-term strategies to respond. Balance opportunities, resources and investments to maximize Abbott’s growth. Maintain a strong customer focus.
- Adaptability: Maintain effectiveness in continually changing work environment. Adjust quickly to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Teamwork: Work effectively with others to accomplish a common goal. Maintain good working relationships and deal with conflict in a productive way. Provide feedback to others on the team and exhibit strong interpersonal / communication skills.
Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.