Supervisor, Quality Assurance
As a Quality Assurance Supervisor, you will be responsible for monitoring the overall quality of products to ensure that they conform to both PPG and customer requirements while managing a team of Quality Assurance Technicians. To be successful in this role, the Quality Supervisor needs to understand paint chemistry/properties, production volume QC testing, and how to troubleshoot and solve issues that arise in production batches.
- Follows all Safety guidelines and maintains a safe working environment
- Develops and sustains 6S program
- Provides accurate and timely data of incoming, in-process, and out-going product to assure adherence to established quality criteria.
- Maintains calibration of all laboratory and measuring equipment.
- Maintains document control program.
- Plant coordinator for all quality training and educational programs.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on cost of quality program.
- Maintains, reviews, and revises plant quality work instructions and forms.
- Assures that all units of operation within the plant adhere to quality standards defined in the Corporate Quality Policy Manual.
- Assures regulatory compliance as required by the state and county environmental agencies and submits required reports.
- Evaluates and implements process improvements
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints through root cause determination, and corrective action implementation
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Engineering is required or equivalent experience in QC, Operations, Technical, or Analytical roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- 1-3 years of Quality Management experience preferred
- Experience working with the manufacture or application of coatings preferred
- ISO Auditor or IATF Standard Certifications preferred