Supervisor, Primary Processing
Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
As our Primary Processing Supervisor, you will assist the Primary Processing Specialists in supervising team leads and contract workers while maintaining KPI’s and updating all appropriate documentation as this is a key component driving Pure Sunfarms' cannabis processing operations. You will be responsible for ensuring the Primary Processing Team is compliant with rules and regulations of Health Canada and Pure Sunfarms Corp. Safety and quality will be your priority.
- Monitor and direct daily processing activities
- Monitor the flow of product and make adjustment as necessary
- Maintain the highest levels of cleanliness within primary processing rooms
- Administer training programs to primary processing staff
- Oversee and verify production records and documentations
- Ensure the optimal functioning of equipment and report on maintenance requirements
- Ensure that primary team know and follow safety protocols and all SOPs
- Coordinate and integrate efforts across operational departments to enhance inventory accuracy
- Assist with creating and/or revising SOPs
- Daily verification of attendance and payroll
- Foster a culture of compliance by operating within guidelines and procedures, leading by example, and focusing on risk assessment and elimination
- We work in a fast-paced environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look to support each other.
Your Brand, Your Story
- We already know you are passionate about Cannabis Post-Harvest processes, but we want to know more about your story and experiences. You're good at the following:
- Good understanding of ERP system and hands-on experience working on system entry is needed
- Organizing and prioritizing your work to meet deadlines and can adapt to unexpected priorities
- Following instructions and direction and soliciting feedback to improve performance
- Attention to detail and excellent communication, both verbal and written skills
- Punjabi speaking is an asset
- Previous supervisory experience managing production staff is an asset
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Exercising professional judgment and decision-making
- Dependable and consistently at work and on time
- First aid training is an asset
- Must have the ability to maintain and pass an RCMP criminal record check and obtain security clearance. Please note our background check process includes proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status. Exemptions requested under Human Rights law will be addressed through Pure Sunfarms’ accommodations processes.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.