The Operations Supervisor, reporting to the Area Manager, will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day supervision of Ready Mix drivers.
- Must have the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in supervising the hourly workforce. These tasks include: hiring, directing, training, counseling, and disciplining.
- Monitor daily timecards of drivers
- Monitor driver’s start of day and end of day – manage time effectively
- Audit driver performance – KPI’s
- DVIR policy compliance
- Monitor driver time off
- Visual Observations
- Coordinate Driver Training
- DriveCam Assignment Management
- Weekly walk around and safety meetings
- Ability to conduct accident and incident investigations, Including processing drug screen protocol
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and Microsoft office applications
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills
- High School diploma is required
- Associates Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience with Ready Mix
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to manage by influence without authority
- Effective communicator capable of collaborating across division lines and functions
- Works well on teams – demonstrates leadership ability
- Strong independent problem solving skills
- Excellent people management skills: ability to develop effective internal and external relations
- Disciplined and process-oriented
- Capability to work extended hours as necessary
- Ability to work with standard office/computer Equipment
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.