Supervisor, Field Marketing
Connected International, Inc. (Connected Cannabis Co.) is a leading vertically integrated cannabis company based in Sacramento and operating in California, Arizona, and Florida. With over 11 years experience, Connected specializes in breeding, growing, manufacturing, and distributing top-shelf cannabis through its state-of-the-art facilities and proprietary genetics.
With over 250 employees across the United States, Connected maintains a strong presence in the industry across multiple markets. The company has recently expanded into Arizona and Florida with ambitious national expansion plans underway. Connected's mission has always been to breed, grow, and sell the best cannabis in the world, setting high standards for its products, people, and partners wherever we go.
We're seeking a dynamic and motivated Field Marketing Supervisor with a passion for the cannabis industry to join the Connected & Alien Labs team in California. Winning inside of the dispensary is absolutely critical to growing the Connected business, and our Field Marketing Supervisor will be on the front lines, helping to lead the Field Marketing team and implementing trade strategies that drive sales and increase brand awareness in the state of California. The ideal candidate has strong leadership and management skills, experience in trade and retail marketing, and a deep understanding of the cannabis industry.
In addition, the Field Marketing Supervisor will supervise and work closely with high-performing Field Marketing Representatives to ensure top tier service and support for our retail partners. In this role, the Supervisor will interface with marketing and buying teams at our top dispensaries, the Connected Sales and Marketing teams, and other members of the trade to execute plans to drive growth inside the store.
The ideal candidate for this position will be Los Angeles or SF Bay Area based.
If you are a creative and results-oriented Field Marketing expert with a passion for cannabis and a proven track record of winning in- store, we would love to hear from you!
What You Will Do
- Manage the time and activities of the Field Marketing Representatives, ensuring weekly KPIs are met efficiently.
- Mentor and train Field Marketing Representatives to meet the company’s standards and goals in the field.
- Support Field Marketing Representatives across California with needs including, but not limited to: display/merchandising assets and installations, demo table components and standards, swag deployment, printed assets, and scheduling.
- Work directly with top accounts in the state to ensure that Connected & Alien Labs brands are presented ahead of the competition to both trade and consumers.
- Work events and PADs.
- Work with your team to create a program that ensures all budtenders across the state are educated, appreciated, and incentivized to promote Connected products and increase sales.
- Manage the build and deployment of retail environments and visual displays that effectively communicate the Connected & Alien Labs brands and products to customers, maximizing in-store visibility that includes signage, price points, display & feature.
- Work with the California sales team to track and ensure ROI for all shelving, slotting, and display agreements. Maximizing the impact of the organization's dollars.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to ensure that all trade marketing activities are aligned with overall business goals, identifying and executing in-store growth opportunities and aiding the sales team in opening new accounts.
- Collaborate with external partners, including agencies and vendors, to execute trade marketing activities and support Connected sales with dispensary communication and Connected Launch KPI’s.
What We Are Looking For
- 3-5 years of experience in Trade Marketing, preferably in the Cannabis industry.
- Strong understanding of the retail landscape across California.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with trade partners.
- Ability to manage time and activities of 6+ remote team members while also meeting individual KPIs.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, G-suite, Slack. Experience with marketing automation tools is a plus.
- 21 years & older.
- Valid California driver’s license, personal car insurance, and reliable transportation.
Compensation Description (annually): The salary range for this position in the selected city is $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work.
Connected is an exciting, innovative workplace with an inclusive culture that offers rare career opportunities, and a chance to make a real-world impact in a new start-up industry! We are looking for exceptional people to join our team as we transition into the next phase of our business ventures and become a leader in the cannabis industry.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- 401 (k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program
- PTO, Flexible Schedules, Work-Life Balance
- Career Growth and Internal Advancement Opportunities
- Chance to work in an exciting new start-up industry with awesome people!