Supervisor, Contract Management
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor, together with its joint-venture partner AECOM, has been awarded a four-year program delivery support services contract for the California High-Speed Rail program by the California High-Speed Rail Authority, to provide program delivery and program management services to support one of the largest planned infrastructure projects in the U.S.
The system will connect the 500-mile stretch between the Los Angeles region with the San Francisco Bay Area, with up to 24 stations. The first phase of the program is currently under construction in California’s Central Valley.
The Third Party Contract Specialist (Contract Specialist) is responsible for assisting with the delivery of third party agreements for the entire program from inception to completion under the direction of the Third Party Agreements Manager.
The primary focus of the Contract Specialist will be to timely secure necessary agreements between the Authority and utilities, municipalities, counties, state and federal agencies, railroads, and other relevant entities to enable the construction of the California High-Speed Rail System (HSR System).
Program-specific activities will include the following:
- Responsible for the drafting of complex agreements between the Authority and entities whose facilities conflict with the planned HSR System’s alignment.
- Support the negotiation of complex agreements directly with stakeholders.
- Support State Staff and PDS Staff in the negotiation of Third Party Agreements.
- Support the drafting of Third Party Agreement and Real Property Branch Templates.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures for Third Party Agreements.
- Collaboratively engage with internal stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes in a timely manner.
- Responsible for leading meetings, giving key stakeholder presentations, and maintaining detailed records.
- Responsible for maintaining internal records according to the Authority’s record retention policies and Third Party Manager’s directions for all assignments and internal stakeholder approvals.
- Other duties as assigned
Notice to Candidates:
Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependant) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited four (4) year degree global equivalent in applicable field of study and ten (10) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to fourteen (14) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements
- Contribute to and promote the use of Fluor’s knowledge management portals and communities
- Stay current/updated with Contract Management practices and procedures; remain informed of current developments and potential changes within the Contract Management group
- Accredited degree or global equivalent in Business, Construction Management, or Law
- Ten (10) years of contract management, subcontract administration, and procurement experience supporting engineering and construction projects
- Experience developing negotiating contract terms and conditions specifically for contracts related to services, construction, engineering, materials and equipment installation
- Strong understanding of contracting principles and legal terms and conditions
- Broad understanding of the construction industry and contract language associated engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction/construction management (EPFC/CM)
- Experience with administering the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for contractors on heavy industrial construction projects
- Extensive experience and knowledge in contract formation and contract administration required
- Domestic/international field assignment experience preferred; international project experience preferred
- Experience in managing the Contractor pre-qualification process
- Experience in conducting commercial evaluations, including the questions and answers (Q&A) and clarifications process with bidders
- Experience in negotiating commercial terms and the final contract price with bidders
- Excellent communication skills
88,000 to 154,000
Fluor is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to promote employee health, wellness, and financial security. Our offerings include medical, dental and vision plans, EAP, disability coverage, life insurance, AD&D, voluntary benefit plans, 401(k) with a company match, and training and development courses.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.