Supervisor, Business Finance
The successful candidate will support the Electric Operations organization. Electric Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E’s Electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
The successful candidate will serve as the BF Supervisor Electric Operations. As a member of the Business Finance Electric Operations leadership team, the candidate will help define and achieve the team's strategic objectives. The supervisor will be responsible for developing his/her team members and driving a culture that encourages and rewards thought leadership, critical thinking, high-quality work, ethics, efficiency, action, accountability, collegiality and safety.
The candidate will serve as a business partner focal for all finance and accounting, including planning, budget, forecasting, tools, and optimization analysis. A successful candidate will integrate with the client organization and become a trusted financial and strategic thought leader. In sum, the individual will balance and utilize their functional expertise, intellectual curiosity, ethics, and interpersonal skills to build and maintain integrative relationships and ensure best in class decision support and recommendation.
Reporting & Analytics: Provide timely and accurate monthly financial visibility that objectively assesses performance, integrates operational performance and proactive financial analytics that identify opportunities, risks, and associated resolution recommendations. Utilizes deep understanding of operational business drivers and financial levers to provide strategic decision support and thought leadership.
Forecasting (Short Term): Provide timely, balanced financial forecasts that capture current performance and enable nimble, value optimized operational and financial decisions using sophisticated modeling.
Planning (Long Term): Develop, advise and integrate the business unit financial plans and performance baselines to meet the Company's long term operational and financial objectives.
- Leadership: Supervise, coach, and enable a team of analysts to achieve the Company and functional goals. Set and evaluate performance and provide an example of ethics and functional excellence.
- Process Optimization: Identify, and evaluate key processes for opportunities in effectiveness, control, and efficiency, and recommend and implement improvements.
- Tools: Provide active engagement on the evaluation, design, and use of our critical functional toolset.
- Governance: Implement and maintain functional governance standards, and provide feedback on areas of opportunity.
- Regulatory: Serve as the financial backbone for regulatory filings, support, and defense.
- PG&E Business Finance Experience
- 3 years analytical experience (business, mathematics, statistics, engineering-based) including prior experience leading and developing teams
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or Finance
- Desired Qualifications, minimum above plus
- Understanding of Utility industry, end to end Electric Operations processes
- Value Integrator exposure and implementation
- Six Sigma / Lean experience
- Experience working within utility industry
- Working knowledge of SAP R3, SAP BW
- Master's degree in Finance, Engineering, Economics, Business, or related field
- Excellent interpersonal communication and quantitative skills
- Intellectual curiosity, and relentless continuous improvement
- Experience leading and developing strong teams
- Strong Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills
- Strong understanding of Accounting principles and overhead allocation models
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.