Studio Production/Video Editing Intern
New York, NY
Los Angeles, CA
SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
Our diversity is our strength. The SoundCloud internship program is designed to discover new, diverse talent and develop future leaders who will drive our organization to continue to lead what’s next in music.
We will provide our interns with valuable opportunities to strengthen their skills, contribute to our mission, and prepare them for a full time role.
We believe that investing in the next generation of talent will help us nurture innovative talent; who are brave, have integrity, and will embrace the challenge.
SoundCloud is looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our production department! As a video editor you will help bring to life the virtues and traits of the brand through video storytelling. You will be responsible for editing various recorded media (original and stock) and presenting a finished product suitable for social media and digital platforms opportunities. Our mission is to create bespoke content, scripted and improvised, small and large — that exemplifies the values of our brand while also being entertaining, informative, and unexpected. The ultimate goal is to create content that leads to meaningful shared experiences, in person and online.
- Assisting and helping create a variety of scripted, non-scripted, live-action, and live-action-animated hybrid content, as well as promotional videos from raw materials. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics, and special effects.
Who You Are
- Currently a student or recent graduate from an accredited university (Graduation date between Dec 2022 - May 2024 preferred)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite primarily Premiere Pro & After Effects
- Great editorial storytelling skills; exciting, clear, and concise communication in editing
- Ability to learn and collaborate with our production team and Creative producer/ Post Supervisor to create and using both pre-scripted and real-time opportunities for captivating content creation
- Excellent time management and project management skills; strong multitasking ability
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Work with our creative team and partners
- Collaborate with our marketing team
- Creative thinker
- A deep understanding of all editorial software platforms, and social media applications is a plus
Internship applications must be submitted by March 31st, 2023.
The summer internship program will be 10-weeks from June 5th, 2023 - August 11th, 2023. This is a full-time internship and will be hybrid based out of our New York or Los Angeles office. In-person attendance will be expected 2-3 times a week.
The salary for interns based out of our New York or Los Angeles offices will be $6500 paid over the course of the 10-weeks.
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us lead what’s next in music by understanding and empowering our creators and fans, no matter their identity. We acknowledge the challenges in the music industry, and strive to influence an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute respectfully and thrive, especially the historically marginalized communities that many of our creators, fans and SoundClouders identify with. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment at SoundCloud for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group. Diversity Resource Groups are employee-organized groups focused on supporting and promoting the interests of a particular underrepresented community in order to build a more inclusive culture at SoundCloud. Anyone can join, whether you share the identity or strive to be an ally.