Studio Design Leader
As an HKS Design Director, you will be responsible for orchestrating the work of project teams focused on design, development and delivery of outstanding solutions. You will continue to grow your design experience, relationship skills, collaboration and interpersonal skills while working on great projects for exceptional clients.
As a member of a Studio’s leadership team, Design Directors also collaborate with other practice leaders across the firm to enhance the culture for design excellence, elevate the quality of design, and achieve recognition for clients and the firmResponsibilities:
- Collaborate on the initial marketing stages throughout completion of construction and installation, including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development and management of schedules and budgets.
- Lead the team through all phases thru guiding, advising and mentoring other designers on project work, develop design direction and leading critiques
- Act as a primary interface with clients. Work directly with the client, team members, and a wide range of consultants and collaborators both internal and external throughout the life of the project.
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- Building and sustaining client relationships.
- Work with the studio and office leadership to further the strategic goals of the firm, sector, and office.
- Participate in business development, marketing efforts and industry events.
- Collaborate with other leaders across the firm to enhance the culture for design excellence, elevate the quality of design and achieve recognition for clients and the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, LEED accreditation, and 15+ years of diverse experience, including experience in a leadership role
- Prior and recent experience in corporate required
- Ability to work in a team environment with good collaboration skills
- Excellent presentation abilities
- A mix of strategic and creative bent, with ability to create great design while embracing sound business strategy
- Passionate about design and able to be the design inspiration for multiple highly-creative project teams
- Experience directing and providing leadership for design teams from business development presentations through developing strategy and design concepts
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to provide critical design review to design teams, communicating design ideas and direction quickly
- Demonstrated success building, nurturing and fostering new client relationships
- Ability to work closely with design directors across the firm to promote an inter-disciplinary design approach and philosophy, and to facilitate its advancement across the firm
If you currently work for HKS, please submit your application via the Internal Careers Portal.
HKS is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Veteran