Strategy Sr Director, Sustainability
PepsiCoPurchase, NY15 days ago
Our vision is to be the global leader in convenient foods and beverages by Winning with Purpose. This reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and accelerate our top line growth, whilst keeping our commitment to do good for the planet and our communities. It builds on decades of progress we’ve made since PepsiCo was founded in 1965, while setting a firm foundation for a new era of growth and prosperity. To help us achieve this vision, we’ve defined a new set of aspirations: to become Faster, Stronger, and Better.
Global Sustainability Strategy at PepsiCo:
Our aspiration to become Better focuses on integrating purpose into our business strategy and doing even more for the planet and for our people. It also aims to leverage our scale, reach and expertise across the areas where it can have the greatest impact – Agriculture, Water, Packaging, Products, Climate and People – to help build a more sustainable food system. Strategy plays a critical role in shaping our sustainable foods system agenda and achieving our sustainability goals, while at the same time enabling the business to achieve its mission of becoming Faster, Stronger, Better. Strategy development and implementation oversight will require clear prioritization to create actionable solutions for some of the most challenging issues facing the company.
To bring fresh and disruptive thinking to the ever-changing and important macro-environment, we are aligning strategists to the Sustainability Office. Joining PepsiCo’s Sustainability Office will enable you to experience the breadth and depth of PepsiCo’s global portfolio and build a deep understanding of the business, industry, and planet.
The Global Sustainability Strategy team provides strategic thought leadership to the Sustainability Office. Primary responsibilities include:
- Deliver the strategic vision for the Sustainability Office and work with other sustainability leaders, functional partners, and operating units to build and execute the plans
- Identify new areas for whitespace expansion and manage projects
- Solve real-time business issues at the request of the Executive Committee or other senior leaders
- Provide thought leadership to sustainability and business partners, including the Executive Committee, and other operating leaders on a broad range of business-critical topics
- Identify and deconstruct business issues and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analyses
- Demonstrate strong leadership and significant influence management skills with the ability to gain credibility with Sr Leadership while challenging the status quo
- Own “Executive-ready” project deliverables
- Lead the execution of the Enterprise Strategic Planning Process
- Lead the execution of strategic workstreams end-to-end in close collaboration with cross-functional partners
- Oversee data analytics processes to ensure conclusions are grounded in fact
- Execute against time-sensitive requests from Executives and cross-functional business partners
- Maintain an external mindset, including staying on top of consumer, competitive, and macroeconomic/geopolitical trends
- Contribute to capacity building for the entire Global Sustainability function (e.g., Recruiting, Training, Knowledge Management, etc.)
- 15+ years of strategy experience in a variety of positions both internally and externally (top-tier Consulting firm experience strongly preferred)
- BA required (MBA strongly preferred)
- Highly analytical, motivated, decisive thought leader with excellent managerial skills
- Strong leadership and significant influence management skills
- Strategic mindset with an ability to think broadly, refine questions, and develop analytical frameworks
- Outstanding project management skills
- High Emotional Intelligence and verbal and written communication skills that educate and influence senior leaders; ability to “manage up”
- Experience partnering with multiple business functions
- Love of Consumer Packaged Goods and our brands
- Global outlook with sensitivity and awareness of social and cultural differences
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Pipeline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement