Strategy and Data Analyst
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA
At Uber, we are determined to have the most positive impact possible and want to accelerate our transition to a zero emissions, zero waste platform that helps build more livable urban environments. We have already committed to become a net zero carbon business by 2040 and plan to go much further, much faster.
To get there we've figured out a number of interim steps. The first is that by 2025 we'll support hundreds of thousands of drivers into zero emissions vehicles with a target to get to a 100% zero emissions in London & Amsterdam, and 50% zero emissions across 7 major European capitals. By 2030 we will get to zero emissions in all major US, Canadian, and European cities. More detail on our commitments and our plan can be found here.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the core team which will lead, grow and fulfill these commitments across our whole business (Mobility, Delivery and Freight). You will have the chance to work with teams across the company and external experts outside of Uber. You will shape and deliver on existing programs and drive long term direction and strategy of sustainability at Uber.
Note: This role is flexible in terms of location. Applications are encouraged from all major Uber locations.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the LOB sustainability leads, functional leads, global sustainability team and ELT to drive strategic direction of the sustainability program
- Work closely with all regional and functional sustainability teams (across Operations, Business Development, Policy, Comms, Marketing & Tech) to deliver on existing projects and advance Uber's sustainability agenda
- Design mechanisms for execution and scaling of important strategic objectives such as clean air plan, multimodal offerings on the platform, carbon offsetting, waste reduction etc.
- Work closely with product, tech, market research and policy research teams to advance out on the central sustainability team
- Build and implement analytical and quantitative work on the Sustainability program across all three lines of business (Mobility, Delivery, Freight). This includes:
- Internal measurement, tracking, reporting and target setting
- Quantitative work to inform strategy and enable execution of key initiatives
- Maintain relationships with relevant external market research and investment firms to keep pace with external environment
- Support data science, analytics and research work on adjacent teams like tech, policy research, market research and regional sustainability teams to understand challenges and opportunities and tell Uber's sustainability story externally
- Engage with external stakeholders, policymakers, KoFs as needed
- 5+ years of experience in strategy, data science and research fields
- Solid knowledge of corporate sustainability issues, challenges and opportunities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to shape, design and lead analytical work. Some Data Science experience preferred (but not required)
- Ability to develop and test new hypotheses and frameworks to advance strategic objectives in a cross-functional setting
- Ability to prioritize, establish areas of strategic focus and articulate a clear vision
- Excellent problem solver; develops new frameworks for complex problems where no standards exist today and engages other specialists for feedback and integrates it effectively. Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Strong business acumen and decision making skills, ability to think through complex problems with tradeoffs and competing demands
- Consistent track record of data driven thinking on key strategic issues
- Strong written and spoken communication skills and comfortable sharing and presenting information to audiences at all levels internally and externally
- Flexible and willing to work on a wide range of projects
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.