Strategic Program Manager
ZoomSan Jose (CA)6 months ago
This role at Zoom serves as an air traffic controller for the CMO and the senior team; as an integrator connecting work streams that would otherwise remain siloed; as a communicator linking the leadership team and the broader organization; as an honest broker and truth teller when the Leadership needs a wide-ranging view without turf considerations; and as a confidant without an organizational agenda.
The Strategic Programs Manager will be involved in global activities including budgeting, project staffing recommendations, strategic planning and communications with project sponsors, product owners and Zoom senior management. You will support budgets and planning cycles, as well as special projects such as new business models, restructurings or business reviews.
As a Strategic Program Manager you are accountable for connecting the team with important business decisions and drive the business while thinking holistically and strategically about the key operational rhythms, business processes, design processes, and supporting the team to run an effective business with the resources and the timelines. This includes the coordination of cross-team initiatives and an effective communications strategy within the team and across Zoom.
Lastly, you will act as a trusted advisor to functional (CoE’s) and responsible for ensuring that all projects within the portfolio are executed on scope, on schedule and on budget, and within Zoom’s best practices and standards.
- Capabilities Management/Thought Leadership
- Display a comprehensive understanding of the Zoom’s overall suite of services, operating platform(s), business strategy, vision and priorities by identifying gaps, driving change, and influencing project related decisions to achieve project goals and delivery of desired results
- Apply industry knowledge of regulations, standards and trends to ensure the most efficient and effective solutions
- Maximize effectiveness by helping balance priorities, selecting the most relevant meetings and advising on how to meaningfully connect with the team.
- Program/Project Management
- Oversee various business SMEs in defining scope, planning, budgeting and controlling all project tasks, resources and deliverables
- Ensure that all participants understand the objectives of the project and work together toward a common goal
- Assist product/discipline owners in the development of business cases and budgets, including ROI analysis
- Full contributor to all leadership discussions and topics, participating in most relevant meetings and offering synthesized business perspectives relevant to influencing key strategic decisions.
- Drive high-impact cross-team projects as needed to meet the changing business environment and ensure the team is achieving commitments
- Executive Presentations and Communications: Lead the preparation and production of executive presentations, including reviews, all hands meetings, internal and external speaking engagements, off sites, and events. Drive internal communications strategy including team emails, websites, newsletters and videos.
- Risk Management & Analysis
- Ensure all potential project risks (Data Management, Systems Risk, Web/Internet Security, etc.) are identified and all impacted stakeholders engaged
- Participate in Supplier Management and Vendor Technology Assessment processes as needed
- Lead post project reviews and oversee documentation of lessons learned
- Leadership/People Management
- Orchestrate team organization design conversation and facilitate successful implementation of organizational plans
- Foster a positive environment by modeling cultural expectations and demonstrative value of solution mind-set and “can do” attitude
- Mentor Project Analysts, Senior Project Analysts, and Project Leads within Zoom
- 15+ years related work experience
- Demonstrated understanding of project management principles, tools and techniques including business case development, ROI analysis, planning and issues management
- Takes ownership and follows through on tasks; drives decisions; results- oriented
- Demonstrated financial budget planning and reporting experience
- Flexible and able to handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated data-driven decision-making skills
- Creative, innovative thinking, intellectual curiosity
- Problem-solving and sound judgment
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task
- Raises the bar on performance for themselves and team/partners, inspiring others to excellence; resolves conflict quickly and is part of creating an environment in which constructive collaboration replaces tension
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills with all audiences