Strategic Procurement Analyst
Do you like building relationships and getting the best deal possible? Discord is looking for a Strategic Procurement Analyst who will work with other teams across the company to lead long-term value of vendor relationships. You will work with teams such as legal, finance, and different risk teams to identify savings opportunities and guide compliance for procurement policies. You will report to our Procurement Manager.
What you'll be doing
- Develop strategic sourcing skills, practices, and knowledge.
- Collaborate with team members in contract negotiations with suppliers; develop negotiation approaches, fallback positions and acceptable terms and conditions through contract completion and identify important benchmarks to measure contractual arrangements.
- Support a high level of change management projects that require an understanding of external industry best practices and implementation of Discord policies.
- Project manage the contract review process with team members and coordinate with legal subject matter experts.
- Understand our requirements; create guidelines and design standard vendor contract protocols.
- Establish vendor life-cycle strategy to oversee planning, sourcing and selection of new vendors, manage data for vendor performance and manage vendor off-boarding and transition.
- Identify risks associated with important vendors and manage and help monitor supplier performance against negotiated Service level agreement and MSA terms.
- Perform spend and financial analytics to support commercial term negotiations.
- Support other ad hoc projects.
- Deliver relevant procurement training content to team members to guarantee a standard approach for delivery of procurement best practices, policy, and tools.
- Resolve performance issues with assigned suppliers to ensure resolution
What you should have
- 2+ years experience with procurement
- Familiarity with softwares such as Asana and Oracle Fusion
- Developed documentation on purchasing and processing related policies
- Experience with spreadsheet/reporting manipulation, including pivot tables, functions
- Experience reviewing contracts
- Familiarity with the Discord app
- Experience with processing procurement internationally
- Have any of the following procurement related certifications: CPSM, CSCP, CPP, CIPS, or CSCM
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $81,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law.
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $64,800/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees