Strategic Finance, Senior Manager
The Strategic Finance, Senior Manager will be partnering with our business teams on financial strategies around corporate development plans as Spin expands nationally and internationally.
- Partner with various Business teams on building cost-benefit analyses and piloting new products and markets, including performance monitoring and post-mortem analysis.
- Understand and develop customer segment economics and track cohorts and performance over time.
- Drive New Business modeling in an International expansion context, understanding local differences and building cases to enter new Countries.
- Own and present these cases to C-level suite to drive strategic decision making.
- Define, track, and report critical KPIs and financial results to help evaluate and benchmark US and International market performance.
- Own the long range forecast of Spin’s unit economics to support annual planning; explore other forecasting methodologies to uncover additional insights and improve forecasting accuracy.
- Partner with Data Science on complex economic models to understand seasonality, trends, market differences and project financial performance more accurately over time.
- Drive economic insights in partnership with Ford to generate synergies and savings.
- Bachelor's degree (MBA a plus)
- 8+ years experience with a bachelor’s degree or 6+ years experience with a master’s degree
- 3-6 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, finance at a high-growth startup, or other similar experience
- Exceptional Excel / Google Sheets skills and financial modeling capabilities
- Experience analyzing and constructing P&Ls
- Capable of addressing analytical requests by understanding the business problem, gathering data and assumptions, building models, performing analysis, and presenting results
- Ownership mentality and ability to independently drive projects forward
- Comfortable operating in an unstructured and fast-paced environment, and able to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Willing to question assumptions and ensure that key business drivers are well understood by all stakeholders
- Communicates effectively with business partners and executives
- Experience with SQL, Adaptive Insights, and NetSuite is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness, Home Office & Internet perk for salaried roles
- Discount on Ford automobiles
- Discount on Avis car rentals
- A monthly Mental Health Day-Off for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.