Strategic Communications Consultant
If you’re looking to be part of an innovative company that values collaboration, flexibility, innovation and inclusion, and a team that works hard, and loves what they do, you’ve just found your next role.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Is curious, creative, collaborative, and agile
- Can successfully influence business partners at all levels of the organization
- Has demonstrated experience developing communications for digital delivery
- Has exceptionally strong project management skills
- Can proactively identify and successfully mitigate issues
- Is comfortable working in an environment where priorities shift quickly
- Has strong business acumen and ability to “connect the dots”
- Is passionate about testing new ways of doing things and able to “fail fast” when called for, then take learnings and apply them to the next project
- Continuously looks to make their work stronger by proactively seeking out others opinions.
As a member of MassMutual’s Strategic Communications team, you’ll work closely with leaders across the company to develop and execute communication strategies that help us achieve our goals and improve the employee experience. In this role, you’ll use your knowledge, skill, and creativity to lead communication efforts to develop communication strategies to tell the story of how MassMutual creates better experiences for policyowners, advisors and employees.
To keep things interesting, you’ll also support communication strategies for high-profile enterprise-wide initiatives as they come up.
- Work with internal business and technology partners to identify communications opportunities and then implement effective communication solutions related to these opportunities
- Lead various enterprise-wide communication initiatives as needed
- Provide strong communication counsel to internal partners, ensuring consistency and quality of communications
- Develop clear, concise, and creative communications for a variety of platforms (e.g., presentations, email, intranet, digital screens, social media, etc.)
- Partner with the broader Strategic Communications team as needed, (e.g., media relations, executive communication, digital/design team) to provide integrated communications support on key projects/initiatives
- Actively participate in editorial meetings and internal communications strategy sessions
- Participate in data-driven analysis of communications effectiveness and adapt/respond to findings
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in communications, journalism, or related field
- 8+ years communications experience, with some experience specific to technology communications for an internal audience
The Ideal Qualifications
- Proven ability to lead multi-faceted, cross functional communication projects
- Extensive experience working directly with senior leaders
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely on a variety of topics
- Ability to collaborate and influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Commitment to understanding and applying communication best practices, and applying creative and innovative techniques to communications as appropriate.
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Strategic Communications team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Salary Range: $102,500.00-$134,500.00