Store Team Leader
Schedule Full time
Availability Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Overnights (Includes Weekends).
Age Requirement Must be 18 years or older
Location Woodbridge, VA
Address 14801 Dining Way
Pay $21 - $21.50 / hour
Job Posting 09/05/2023
Job Posting End 10/05/2023
Job ID R0183361
EARN A BONUS UP TO $1,500! Hiring immediately!
We’re looking for passionate people ready to collaborate, develop and be leaders. As an hourly Entry-Level Manager in one of our store perishable foods departments, you'll join a dynamic retail environment that’s growing, with new opportunities available every day to enhance your skill set. You’ll gain a deep understanding of our values, business measures and standards and operations. You will ensure the most knowledgeable and passionate people are working to educate our customers and get them the freshest products available.
Within the store, you will have many opportunities to bring your skills to the team with management opportunities available in various departments. These departments may include: Produce, Floral, Deli, Bakery, Cheese, Meat, and Seafood. If you love fresh products and managing others, then this could be the role for you!
What will I do?
- Focus on company standards regarding merchandising, highlighting quality, freshness and uniqueness of products
- Use passion and knowledge to educate team members and customers on product offerings
- Proactively approach customers, answer questions, help locate items and offer suggestions to complete their meals
- 1 or more years of work experience or a college degree
- Computer skills
- Experience leading a team
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of relevant products
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new situations and subject matters
At Wegmans, we’ve long believed we can achieve our goals only if we first fulfill the needs of our people. Putting our people first and offering competitive pay and a variety of benefits & perks is just the start of what it means to work at Wegmans.
Whether through premium pay for working on Sundays or holidays, offering industry-leading health care coverage and wellness programs to support physical, financial, and emotional well-being, or paid time off (PTO) to help you balance work and life, we’ve got something for everyone.
And because we care about the wellbeing and success of every person, we recognize each person has their own unique scheduling needs. We’re proud to offer flexibility in scheduling so our employees can prioritize what is most important to them.
Our large, high-volume stores and 24x7 operations allow for personalized schedules that balance an employee’s individual needs with the needs of our business and each department.
- Paid time off (PTO) to help you balance your personal and work life
- Higher premium pay rates for working Sundays or on a recognized holiday
- Health care benefits that provide a high level of coverage at a low cost to you
- Retirement plan with both a profit-sharing and 401(k) match
- A generous scholarship program to help employees meet their educational goals
- LiveWell Employee & Family program to support your emotional, work-life and financial wellness
- Exclusive discounts on electronics, entertainment, gym memberships, travel and more!
- And more!
Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied and offerings may differ based upon area or the company and/or position.
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family-owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.