Terrapin is looking for a Supervisor to join our growing company. As a Boulder, Colo.-based national cannabis company, Terrapin is a pioneer in the emerging industry. Terrapin is a cultivator, processor and provider of high-quality medical and recreational cannabis products. Over 10 years of operations, Terrapin has grown into a multi-state company with nearly 500 employees. As we have expanded nationally, our need for Supervisor has grown significantly.
The Supervisor is a facilitator and assistant to the management team who must lead by example and work directly with patrons and staff to ensure that business is being conducted in a compliant and effective manner. Store supervisors report directly to the store managers concerning issues surrounding policy, procedures and daily operation. The supervisor serves as an intermediary between the floor staff and the store managers who keeps operations running efficiently and safely. Supervisors play an integral role in making sure that the patrons of the business receive the best service Terrapin Care Station can provide by attending to issues surrounding sales or other business-related interactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and train staff to efficiently handle sales and provide superior customer service
- Effectively delegate the responsibilities and actions of the floor staff
- Relay changes in policies and procedures and introduce sales and specials to staff
- Must have extensive knowledge of all the products in the store and know their safe applications
- Work directly with patrons of the business to ensure quality of service and dissolve issues that may arise concerning product, sales transactions or otherwise
- Oversee actions and procedures to be sure that business is always being conducted within the confines of compliance, including the monitoring of ID verification for entry
- Process and monitor inventory and make sure products are properly received and labeled
- Regularly check expiration dates, packaging and labeling for integrity, content and quality
- Work with store manager to develop strategies surrounding product movement and placement
- Communicate with store manager on issues of quality or risk involving employees, customers or compliance
- Conduct product and compliance research and attend training programs and meetings to stay up to date on important changes in regulatory oversight and product development
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire. Proof of vaccination required.
- Ability to obtain or current MED badge
- Must be able to navigate a windows operating system and use basic Microsoft Office Programs
- Must be able to navigate and manipulate web-based applications and menus
- Must have experience handling, processing and counting cash for daily deposits and be a creative problem solver who is able to troubleshoot and uncover cash discrepancies and errors
- Must be able to navigate and utilize the inner-workings of the POS system
- Parental Leave upon 1 yr of employment
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) w/company match upon 1yr of employment
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Health savings account
Disclosure: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. These statements are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Duties, responsibilities and skills may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. The physical demands described are generally representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request and in accordance with applicable law.
Terrapin is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require a reasonable accommodation, you may contact Human Resources.