Store Operations Analyst
Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete.
We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And that’s why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow, and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference —and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You'll Do
The Store Operations Analyst supports our brick-and-mortar retail efforts by keeping a daily pulse on various aspects of the operations of our our retail stores, event locations, and partner stores. The primary operational focuses are on Inventory Control, Sales Audit and Reconciliation, and Store Planning and Support.
As part of the Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Operational Excellence Team, you will work closely with DTC partners in Merchandising / Planning and Allocations, Retail Operations, and Stores Finance as well as external partners. You will also rely on IT Systems Support and Internal Audit as key cross-functional partners.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze, investigate, and resolve aged retail orders and out of stock situations
- Communicate, process, and reconcile all reverse logistics projects for retail
- Partner with Retail Operations and external partners to schedule and execute in-store inventories
- Analyze and reconcile the results of physical inventory counts
- Configure and process the results of physical inventories and cycle counts in the ERP (SAP) and POS systems.
- Run, review, and execute upon reports related to daily inventory movements to and from retail locations
- Investigate and execute upon any reported inventory discrepancies related to shipments going retail locations.
Sales Audit and Reconciliation
- Secure, analyze, and process all reported inventory sales from event and partner shops
- Conduct end of month reporting on inventory and sales as required by internal audit and landlords
- Assist in the management of inbound inquiries from stores regarding inventory and sales transactions
Store Planning and Support
- Initiate the set-up of new retail store, event, and partner locations with all internal parties for ERP and POS platforms.
- Collaborate with Planning and Allocations to submit, and ensure timely delivery of, all new store launch orders
- Receive and review store requests regarding functions within their store and work with partners for timely resolutions.
- Support new store openings on-site for up to 10 consecutive days, as assigned.
- Work in tandem with your fellow DTC partners on additional projects and duties as requested.
What We're Looking For
This role requires a bachelor’s degree or higher in supply chain management, business administration, marketing, or a related field. Plus 2-4 years of experience working in retail operations or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other qualifications include:
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Experience working at a high level in databases and spreadsheets.
- Strong computer skills.
- Exemplary analytical, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through.
What We’ll Provide
Applicants for this role may be remote or local to Chicago.
Located in the vibrant, sports-centric city of Chicago, Wilson Sporting Goods Co. global headquarters sits along the lakefront with first-class access to a burgeoning creative, innovative, energetic and active professional community. We offer an open, collaborative, high tech work environment with best-in-class amenities and perks, including:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Pre-tax transit discounts
- 401(k) with company match
- Life insurance
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Volunteering programs
- Team building outings
- Discounts on Wilson and Amer Sports products
- Summer hours
- Company-sponsored sports leagues/teams
- Fun, active company outings around major sports events
Wilson Sporting Goods Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics