CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Cenex ZipTrip group. We are looking for a Store Manager at Store 80 in Ogallala, NE to be responsible for the operation of the store. You must have excellent customer service skills along with exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Serve as the lead support person in the daily operation of a retail store, providing guidance to other employees and assisting with general work direction and training.
- Help ensure that safety procedures and accident handling procedures are followed.
- Greet and assist customers in a manner that models exemplary conduct to other staff.
- Help ensure that all customer complaints are addressed and handled professionally, leaving the customer with a positive resolution.
- Support the store manager in assuring buildings, equipment and grounds are clean and inviting; that merchandise is properly stocked, rotated and clean.
- Complete and balance paperwork and deposits when required, neatly and accurately according to company guidelines.
- Set an example in ensuring that all employees comply with company cleanliness, grooming and uniform policies.
- Creatively address merchandise displays to attract attention and promote sales.
- Assist in enforcing all company standards, policies and guidelines, in addition to all state and local laws concerning the sale of tobacco, tobacco products, alcohol, instant lottery tickets and Powerball tickets.
- Monitor cashier, vendor and customer activity and report theft or dishonesty.
- Enforce and uphold the credit policy.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in Retail and/or Retail Merchandising and Customer Service
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- High level of product knowledge in one or more of the following areas: convenience store products, lIvestock or equine products, lawn and garden supplies, hardware, fencing, pet feed & supplies or any related retail knowledge, preferred
- Previous experience in a team lead or leadership role, preferred
- Ability to stand, squat, bend, and lift up to 55 lbs repeatedly
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.