Leading the Retail Store team in achieving standards in food preparation, food presentation, profitability, cost, waste, safety and productivity according to set goals and business objectives. Daily activities include staff management, customer satisfaction, product presentation, and inventory management.
- Drive sales and achieve sales targets while controlling expenses
- Strategic sales planning: monthly, quarterly and annually
- Team building: inspire and motivate the retail team
- Talent management including coaching and development, recruitment, and onboarding
- Performance management including regular coaching and follow up, performance reviews
- Model exceptional customer engagement and set customer experience standards for the team
- Manage and order store inventory for regular and seasonal fluctuations
- Establish merchandising strategies based on sales, product sell through and customer patterns, leveraging seasonal holidays to identify gifting strategy opportunities
- Oversee hot table activities and ensure Safe Food Handling guidelines are met
- Uphold company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- 3 years of work experience in a leadership role; preferably in a retail environment
- P&L management experience preferred
- Demonstrated management skills by providing feedback and guidance to resolve problems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong office administration skills
COVID-19 Considerations: Protocols are in place at facility including, but not limited to, active screening before anyone is allowed on-site, mask/face shield/goggle use, social distancing, plexiglass barriers, cleaning protocols, and mandatory training and reporting.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: The health and safety of our employees and customers is a top priority for Gay Lea Foods and therefore applicants will only be considered who are fully vaccinated, subject to human rights considerations.