Mejuri is the category-defining fine jewelry brand designing high-quality pieces created to be worn every day. Feeling disconnected from an industry that typically markets to men, co-founder and CEO Noura Sakkijha leveraged her learnings as a third-generation jeweler to rethink the way women purchase jewelry—for themselves. In only seven years, and with a team of over 75% women, Mejuri has shipped over one million orders and opened eight retail stores across the globe, all while introducing new products weekly.
As part of Noura’s original vision to empower women to invest in themselves, the brand launched the Mejuri Empowerment Fund to support underrepresented women and non-binary individuals with the tools to empower themselves. Mejuri continues to reach new customers through exciting community initiatives and expansion into international markets, such as the UK, Australia and Germany.
We are a team of retailers, creatives, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team.
You are a charismatic leader with exceptional service and sales acumen. You will drive the growth of Mejuri in your market. You will develop a retail environment that is deeply focused around our clients and sets the foundation for our sales culture. You are passionate about people management and recognize that getting the best from your team requires leading by example, building motivation and creating an environment that demonstrates the Mejuri values. You are obsessed with every detail when it comes to the customer journey and excel in data-driven decision making.
- Improve the quality of the in-store customer experience by communicating and training staff on Mejuri’s Steps of Selling, fostering relationships through the Mejuri Brand story.
- Provide in-store coaching to staff, working alongside them to demonstrate best practices in hosting, customer service and product knowledge.
- Champion an OMNI business mentality, continuously seeking opportunities to remove barriers to purchase and friction points for customers.
- Partner with marketing & store services team to conceptualize in-store activations, and partnerships, that speak to our community and enhance the customer experience. Host 1 event at your store per quarter.
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring insights and opportunities to improve brand, product and services are communicated back to Mejuri HQ as needed.
- Promptly respond to and escalate any customer complaints.
- Coach, mentor, and provide motivation to a service-minded and high performing team. Maintain a performance culture of ownership, continuous improvement and goal achievement through consistent one-on-ones.
- Recruit, retain and develop a unique and diverse talent pool through continuous daily networking and interviewing with prospective candidates.
- Create and participate in new hire onboarding activities for team members, ensuring a high standard for delivery.
- Monitor new & existing team members, ensuring to escalate any concerns or “red flags” to people operations or District Manager.
- Clearly communicate expected standards and demonstrate desired behaviours. Lead by example!
- Drive the performance of your team through monitoring performance and providing “in the moment” coaching.
- Work with individuals to agree on a plan for any development, and initiate regular conversations to discuss performance strengths and opportunities for improvement; at a minimum each quarter. Support career growth through career development conversations and plans.
- Motivate team through, recognizing achievements and celebrating successes.
- Manage employee turnover by contributing to a positive, harmonious and stimulating work environment that builds engagement. Process employee changes appropriately to fill gaps in staffing where needed.
- Set and communicate sales and productivity goals for the team on a daily/weekly/monthly & quarterly basis. Track store’s business performance at all times and achieves targets through teamwork.
- Maximize achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), by driving performance and engagement of the team.
- Develop store’s business strategies and utilize Mejuri’s selling techniques to contribute to overall store’s business performance. Improve sales performance of the team through feedback, coaching and training. Provide solutions to close sales performance gaps.
- Drive business through clienteling, sourcing new customers, and fostering ongoing productive relationships with customers
- Review space productivity data and take action to maximize productivity and sales performance
- Monitor spend on controllable expenses and take action to minimize costs and increase profitability where possible.
- Ensure staff is trained with expert customer relations skills, enhanced communication techniques, and maintains advanced product knowledge.
- Gather insights from customers, communicate them to District Manager & HQ.
- Implement / Launch all in store marketing and promotional initiatives to a high standard.
- Work with the store team to identify any opportunities to improve the daily operations of the store (ie systems, processes).
- Ensure that full care is taken in the performance of all duties in order to protect the health and safety of oneself, employees and visitors.
- Manage team to prepare for and conduct inventory counts in a timely and effective manner.
- Report any issues within the store to the Head Office including maintenance, cleaning and safety issues.
- Create & publish schedules two weeks in advance, maximizing productivity of labour and optimization to increase sales on floor. Submit on time for review and approval to District Manager.
- Cascade any communication from HQ to the store team in a timely manner, allowing for preparation of any new programs, events or initiatives.
- Maintain Mejuri brand standards of visual presentation, cleanliness and functionality of displays
- Monitor stock levels, ensuring adequate stock levels are maintained. Escalate any issues to HQ. Work with Operations Lead & Visual Lead to ensure effective stock ordering is in place and ensure stock is received in a timely and effective manner.
- Complete all necessary documentation for shrink monitoring reasons and taking action to reduce shrink where possible.
- Ensure all appropriate merchandising collateral is set up according to guidelines partnering with Visual Lead.
- Partner with Visual Lead & HQ to roll out and launch new initiatives in an organized, timely manner.
- Inform HQ partners of any merchandising and inventory gaps or needs.
- Focus on inventory analysis, flag, identify and action any inefficiencies.
- Track and drive inventory KPI performance.
- Inform HQ of any internal (team members) and external (customer) feedback.
- Ensure compliance of Health & Safety policies and procedures within the store set up.
What you'll bring to the team:
- 3+ years minimum experience as a people leader in retail, sales or customer service.
- Understanding of local market and requirements relevant to new store openings.
- Financial management experience with success in driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expenses
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record of attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, and leading others through the fast paced environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Deep local knowledge and informed of trends in retail, you’re well connected, and you know how to navigate and grow your network to get the introductions you need.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment –you understand the importance of experimentation and iteration.
- Bonus: you’ve opened a store from scratch.
- Bonus: you’ve worked at a start-up or fast growing company.
Benefits at Mejuri:
- A minimum of two weeks vacation (for full time employees), plus personal days and three religious observance days.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance and compensation reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount plus store credits.
Accommodation / Accessibility:
Mejuri does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.