Total Rewards: Quarterly Bonus Program to award store performance, Comprehensive Medical with FSA/HSA options, Dental, Vision, and Well-being plans, 401(k) participation with company matching
Wellbeing support: RoutineTime Off that starts immediately, Floating Holidays, Quarterly reimbursement program to support your health and fitness, and Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) which provide access to free mental health services, financial services, discounts on fitness programs, and more.
Community impact: We give back with paid DEI Hours and Volunteer Hours to support your passions!
Growth opportunities: Grow your career with the Tuition Assistance Program and learning/development courses
Employee discounts from all our brands including Columbia, prAna, Sorel, and Mountain Hardwear
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
- At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
- Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
- We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest. And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
With over 430 retail stores worldwide, our Store Leadership Teams are essential to our business. From ensuring effective store operations, strategies, and procedures, to guiding and developing team members, our Store Leadership Teams help create memorable customer experiences while supporting and helping drive the company’s mission of “Connecting Active People with Their Passions.”
As the Store Manager, you will be a leader that plans and directs day-to-day operations of the store aimed to develop strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, increase profitability, execute marketing and promotional directives that will increase sales and grow our existing customer base.
This role is responsible for maintaining high store standards, fostering a positive environment, forecasting staffing needs and developing a recruiting strategy. The Store Manager develops a diverse team, associates and keyholders, to be prepared to successfully obtain their career goals and company goals.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Leads the store team to develop, evaluate and coach a diverse staff as necessary to maintain a high level of service and quality to meet customer experience expectations.
- Inspires, educates, guides and develops diverse associates and keyholders to meet short- and long-range growth plans/career paths within the store, field and general office.
- Delivers on operating budgets and manages expense control within division guidelines to deliver positive results and meet profitability expectations.
- Ensures accuracy of all functions related to store operations to include both Front and Back of House Operations.
- Performs timely completion of all recordkeeping associated with applicants, new hires, payroll, performance reviews, coaching, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels through effective replenishment, organization, shrink control and communication.
- Communicates regularly with Area/District Manager providing relevant market information and employee successes and challenges.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree, or applicable certification or equivalent experience
- 5 years functional experience
- Experience managing individual contributors and a department or has acted as a lead
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to resolve technical, operational and organizational problems and drive decisions that impact finances, efficiency and effectiveness of the store
- Skill operating a Point of Sales (POS) system, and various software packages
- Frequently in a more active environment (i.e., requires ability to constantly move about) that can be physical or strenuous in nature (frequently adjusting/moving items weighing up to 40 lbs.), may frequently use specialized equipment, may have exposure to dust and noise
- Occasionally requires the ability to work in place
- Ability to clearly communicate with others
- Availability to work a flexible, often changing retail schedule to support needs of the business which may change seasonally and in response to business trends or forecasts
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
Columbia Sportswear is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
The Know Your Rights poster is available here: https://www.eeoc.gov/poster The pay transparency policy is available here: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf Columbia Sportswear is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify your recruiter.