What You Will Do
The Store Host is responsible for granting or denying access to the Connected Retail stores, while providing basic customer service skills such as greet the customers, opening and closing the door for each customer, and create a welcoming environment. The Store Host is also responsible for aiding when customer situations need to be deescalated, and partnering with onsite Security, Management, and/or contacting local authorities when needed.
They will also help as safety escorts for employees and customers to and from their vehicles as needed. In certain locations, the Store Host will also act in the capacity of the Parking Lot Attendant and may perform duties of a Parking Lot Attendant directing traffic during peak periods of business. The Store Host is constantly alert and aware of their surroundings and the general ongoings of the facility and will observe and report any suspicious activities through the proper channels.
- Create a customer friendly environment by greeting and welcoming customers and vendors in a friendly and courteous manner
- Assist in de-escalating situations in which customers are unhappy with current circumstances and provide customer soft skills to change behaviors. Partner with Management and Security if situations continue to escalate and further actions need to be taken.
- Grant and/or denying access to the facility by checking IDs and ensure all customers have proper government issued IDs and are of legal age
- Kindly refuse entry to intoxicated and disruptive persons
- Provide safety escort of employees and customers to and from their vehicles as needed
- Provide additional assistance to disabled and/or handicapped customers as needed or requested
- Observe and report any suspicious or unlawful activities to Management, onsite Security and/or contact local law enforcement
- Protect the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, and fire hazards
- Occasionally assist management and/or onsite Security to complete incident reports as needed
- Check in delivery vendors and provide direction for delivery
- Ensure all visitors to the store are signed into the visitor log as required by the State Regulatory Compliance
- Contact law enforcement agency when the situation absolutely calls for it
What We Are Looking For
- Must be 21+ years old
- Work a part time schedule reflective of availability established at the time of hire, with the ability to increase/decrease hours based on business needs which may include weekends and/or holidays.
- must be available to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Shift times vary between the hours of 8am - 10pm
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs., with or without assistance
- Ability to climb, push, pull, stoop, grasp, walk, sit, stand, bend and reach for the duration of shift
- Requires manual dexterity to operate job related equipment
- Requires normal hearing range
Competitive pay starting at $18.00 per hour.
Connected is an exciting and innovative workplace with a highly engaged workforce brought together by a shared passion to be the best in the business. We are on a mission to breed, grow and sell the best cannabis in the world!
This is a super unique opportunity to be part of the start-up stage of the booming cannabis industry. We are looking for exceptional people to join our team as we transition into the next phase of our business ventures and become a leader in the cannabis space.
- Competitive Pay
- Employee Discounts at Connected retail stores
- Employee Assistance Program, PTO
- Career Growth and Internal Advancement Opportunities
- Chance to work in an exciting new start-up industry with awesome people!