Staff VP Product Strategy
AnthemRichmond, VA14 days ago
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Given Anthem’s scale, balance sheet, broad national reach, and depth at the local market level, Anthem has established a new business unit called the Diversified Business Group. The Diversified Business Group is a solutions-oriented business unit within the Company that will support Anthem and other external clients in the pursuit of transforming healthcare.
Title: Staff VP Product & Strategy
Location: Wallingford CT, Richmond, VA, USA
This position is responsible for coordination and management of reports & analytics development, specifically related to Client Reporting (CII), Reporting platforms like Business Objects, Tableau, Sencha and other advanced reporting & analytics tools, in conjunction with the design, development, and maintenance of reference data reporting solutions. Using visualization expertise, this individual will manage a team composed of onshore and offshore who design and implement visual reporting platforms to support the reference data initiatives.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to
- Manage a Reporting COE team within employer solutions, partnering with both onshore and offshore resources.
- Draw upon a full range of Data Science/Reporting/Analytics tool features to design, develop, enhance and support visualizations including, but not limited to: highly interactive dashboards, scorecards and reports.
- Responsible for leading a team developing product strategies across all commercial segments.
- Drives end-to-end process excellence for new product innovation, rationalization and prioritization
- Translates market, employer and consumer insights into new offerings and programs that are aligned with segment and local market strategies
- Develops and maintains multi-year product roadmaps across products and segments
- Works with enterprise marketing to develop compelling go-to-market messaging that reflects product value propositions
- Facilitates new product and innovation dialogue among segments, iLab and local markets to identify and prioritize opportunities, and pushes new concepts downstream to product development and implementation resources
- Frames and answers key design questions across products, markets and segments to improve Anthems value proposition in the market
- Hires, trains, coaches and evaluates performance of direct reports
- Understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its reporting/analytic goals
- Support reference data initiatives with the understanding of business and data requirements, and iteratively designing visualizations for initial concepts and prototypes that can be presented for feedback
- Perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
- Effectively utilize features and Best Practices of BI tools and visual analytics to maximize impact and utility of visualization products
- Manage a repository of re-usable data visualization templates and views
- The ideal candidate will have a strong skillset in creating reports performing complex business analyses
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills
- Self-starter, passionate about making a difference
- 10+ years of experience in product strategy methodology, design, and use of market research to inform strategy, or any combination of education and experience providing an equivalent background.
- Requires a BA/BS; or equivalent experience
- Consulting background
- Technical solutioning experience
- Leadership experience within a complex matrixed environment required
- Client facing analytic experience
- MBA or MHA
- Understanding of data architecture
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.