Staff Experience Designer
AirbnbAtlanta, GA - New York, NY15 days ago
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
We are looking for a Staff Experience Designer to join the Airbnb Host team to create world-changing products and experiences for Airbnb hosts. This person will be a hands-on leader elevating Airbnb design through their craft and influence. If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk.
The Host team at Airbnb focuses on helping our Host community succeed, by providing high quality digital products, tools, support, education, and services to Hosts in all forms.
Hosts are at the heart of Airbnb, and our Host team is uniquely focused on both creating unique economic opportunities for millions of people around the world through hosting, and enabling incredible travel experiences for our Guests. Through our work with Hosts, we help them provide guests with high quality, authentic, and meaningful travel experiences.
This Staff Experience Designer will be the steward for Airbnb Design as it relates to Hosting, both on and offline. The position uniquely involves setting design direction for high priority initiatives, working with a cross-functional leadership team, partnering with our Guest team to deliver a cohesive end to end experience, and supporting any new creative opportunities that may arise as the business scales.
- Help define and set visions for key Hosting initiatives
- Hands on execution and leadership for impactful product experiences that meaningfully help our Hosts succeed
- Inspire a team of of top product designers to do their best work with an eye on quality
- Provide leadership and mentorship for a team of Experience Designers through high quality ideation and execution of products and services
- Partner with the Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, Researchers and Content Strategists to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new products and services
- A key steward of quality, including UX, interaction, visual design, and brand for the Host product and team
- 11+ years experience at an agency, tech company or other related field as an experience designer
- Excellent visual and interaction skills and craft —a master in your field
- Defines the design direction and process and can lead others through it. Can accurately scope their work as well as their teammate's. Responsible for the work of other designers on their project. Can effortlessly motivate and drive small to medium teams to transform a product.
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate ambiguity, set vision, and set strategy for global products
- Systems-thinker with the ability to think beyond the pixels and design for offline experiences
- Experience with making complex information, tools, and services easily digestible for your audience
- Strong storytelling, presentation, communication and stakeholder management skills